• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

installing a galaxy dx 95 t

skip searcher

Nov 17, 2006
IRELAND
iam running a galaxy dx 95 t in my mobile i ma sure the alternator is 120 amp nowi havent grounded the radio in the manual its states radio needs to be grounded there is a red lamp on the radio just below signal metre this should light if radio is grounded what i want to know is will the radio unperform if not grounded it seems to be working fine so far should i run the black wire from the power lead to the chassis of the car or just run straight to the battery and run a separate earth as i have looked on the back of the galaxy there arent many places to run a separate earth lead from any galaxy users out there who run a dx 95 t mobile i would apreciatte any comments i am also using a wilson 1000 mag mount as an antenna thanks

Power: two wires, red and black, BOTH with fuses inline, wired directly to the battery. This is the only way a radio with that power draw should be wired. I'd recommend 8ga wire at least.

Ground: nice fat wire from a chassis mounting screw on the radio to the nearest grounded connection you can find on the vehicle chassis. You could probably get away with slipping a wire in at the mounting bracket screw.

You didn't say exactly how it's wired now, it's curious to me that it is showing an improper ground ... you may have issues with grounding in general in your vehicle. You may want to look into adding some grounding straps (flat braided ground straps) to several points on your chassis.

I have NEVER grounded the chassis of any of my radios!
Also have run some pretty big amps, NO PROBLEMS.

that little red light is a modulation lamp.suppose to flicker
with your audio.maybe audio isnt high enough to make it
flicker or bulb maybe outy.i also never ground the radio
run both leads red/black directly to the battery

I ran a Galaxy 95 in a big truck, installed it with both leads (fused) direct to battery, but no chassis ground.
It would occasionally do strange things when I keyed up - light the dash LED's, or cause a hum thru the stereo speakers, etc.... :roll:
When I grounded the radio chassis, all these "ghosts" disappeared.....just a thought - it is simple to do, and it can't hurt..... (just my $.02)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.