• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Installing Echo Board EPT-OSSB50B,

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
I have had this EPTOSSB50B Echo Board. I took it out of a Cobra 29 ltd classic a few years ago. And would like to install it into my RCI-2970n2 Transceiver. By looking up the model I see they were placed in the Galaxy DX33/44/66/77/88) radios. Would anyone have info on how to wire the Echo Board into an RCI-2970N2? 73,

On cbt you can find that board installed in the early 99v and by looking at the schematic or interconnect diagram you can chase the wiring. You'll need the schematic for your 2970n2 to find your connection points or if you know your board you can tell by looking at the components. I'm assuming it's the same pcb as the 2950 so you can probably find that on cbt as well. That's where I'd start if I wasn't familiar with the task. I hope that starts you off at least

Reactions: Handy Andy
I found not long ago researching that same echo board that although that board was used in the dx 33,44,66,88 the info on cbt showed that PCB number. The diagrams were only for the smt newer versions so that's where I found it only in the 99v information. Not sure why the discrepancies

Reactions: Handy Andy
Eldorado thanks for all the info and your time. Looks like I am going to be putting that echo board on hold for now. Until I get my 2970n2 working again. Like a dummy, I forgot to use a keying relay buffer in between the radio and amp. And wired it up wrong thinking it would work going thew the mic as a switch so wrong. Thanks again. 73

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated