• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Interceptor 10K

This is the 5/8 wave I put up over a year ago.And it has performed very well.

COLOSSAL 10K 5/8 WAVE GROUNDPLANE ANTENNA
The Colossal 10K 5/8th wave ground plane was designed for high power operators who want maximum performance from their station. The Colossal 10K will handle a full 15kw pep when direct fed. Am Carrier power of up to 4KW can be used with this antenna when direct fed. This is a live tech support item, call for assembly or tuning instructions.
This product has a 10 day lead time till shipping
Gain---5.14
This is a true 5/8 Wave
BANDWIDTH --- 600KHZ.
WEIGHT --- 18LBS
VERTICAL ELEMENT LENGTH --- 21.5 Feet.
OVERALL HEIGHT --- 22.5 Feet.
Has 4 spoke capacitance hat on the top to reduce end effect.
WIND RATING --- 100MPH
MAST SIZE --- Up to 1 5/8 inch OD
MATCHING --- Parallel tuned network.
This antenna ships standard with a S0-239 connector installed.

COLOSSAL%2010K%20003_0.JPG

I take it the Shockwave came out some time after Jay's originals?

Is there any physical or performance difference between the two?

I see the Zero Five antenna. I have only ever imported a horizontal HF dipole from Zero Five and that was many years ago. How does their 5/8 wave GP compare to Jay's antenna?

Unit 148

Way WAY late on this but I have one of Jay's antennas and despite poor installs and some really bad weather - at one point Ice brought the antenna down and drove part of the I10k into the frozen ice covered ground more than a few inches with only a slight bend in the tube - That sucker still performed as good as the day it was put up! If Jay does ramp up and produce them again I'll buy another simply to leave in the box just in case ...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated