• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Interesting DX reception on 27.005

Holydvr

Tony (The Flasher) 1776 NW Arizona
Nov 2, 2018
Golden Valley, AZ
The past few weeks there has been an interesting (to me) opening that happens as the “regular” daytime skip is winding down. Once the skip starts to sound like it is bouncing in and out with sometimes a ringing sound I flip down to channel 4, and it sounds like a sea of Japanese language. I am far, far from a language expert mind you. I would be very interested to find out where this might be coming from? Has anyone else heard this at all?

27.005 thats going to be AM or is it FM for Japan ,?. I run SSB alot of the time any one no any SSB ch for Japan .

Am it is on ch 4 - and coming from Japan. I have been using that ch. for my beacon into the Asia coast for many years.
Here is one I found this week: ch. 13 usb is used by many stations in Indonesia, there has been lots of traffic on there, just like ch 38. But of coarse their not speaking English.

Also might add; that ch 40 usb is a big talk ch. in the Philippines.
The only place that I have found SSB from Japan has been mostly around the .555 usb area.

Last edited:
Am it is on ch 4 - and coming from Japan. I have been using that ch. for my beacon into the Asia coast for many years.
Here is one I found this week: ch. 13 usb is used by many stations in Indonesia, there has been lots of traffic on there, just like ch 38. But of coarse their not speaking English.

Also might add; that ch 40 usb is a big talk ch. in the Philippines.
The only place that I have found SSB from Japan has been mostly around the .555 usb area.
Whoops - made a big mistake, I said ch 13 usb was used by stations in Indonesia, not so, it should read ch 33 usb. Sorry about that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated