• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

interference from a local business

The manufacture of the machine, be it a plasma cutter, or some plasma plating equiptment or whatever, is the first guy on the hook.
They need to correct the interference.
The maintenance supervisor should start leaning on whoever they bought it from to correct the problem.
It it may not be a astronomical problem, in some plasma cutters, the spark gap used in the pilot arc needs to be correct or a component may have failed.
There may be a ground problem somewhere , and that might be a hazard.
The maker of the cutter should be contacted and ask why this is going on.

Jeff

got a reply from them yesterday:

I have the service tech here and we have check everything. We insulated anything that would cause interference. Can you check your end and see if it helped. We are very sure that nothing is getting out. Please advise asap.

this is very nice to here,, I did check on my drive home fri evening and the noise was only heard when I got a lot closer to the building,, they shut down the machine fri evening and it will be back on Monday 7am,, so ill listen again, hopefully the problem is fixed or at least reduced to the point that it isn't being heard on the upper end of the band.

I thanked him for looking into the problem,, if its fixed or reduced, ill probly send some pizzas or something over to them.

got a reply from them yesterday:

I have the service tech here and we have check everything. We insulated anything that would cause interference. Can you check your end and see if it helped. We are very sure that nothing is getting out. Please advise asap.

this is very nice to here,, I did check on my drive home fri evening and the noise was only heard when I got a lot closer to the building,, they shut down the machine fri evening and it will be back on Monday 7am,, so ill listen again, hopefully the problem is fixed or at least reduced to the point that it isn't being heard on the upper end of the band.

I thanked him for looking into the problem,, if its fixed or reduced, ill probly send some pizzas or something over to them.
Any use as to the offending machine?

Now see, that is a win-win situation. The company obviously took your complaints seriously and addressed the issue in an amicable manner. Nobody had to get up in anybody's face about what they HAD to do or not do. Sometimes............MOST times it pays to handle something in a reasonable manner and then escalate it only if necessary rather than come out of the gate swinging.

Reactions: 1 person
You should play the lottery because you have some kinda luck!! To have even gotten a reply and let alone know what you were talking about and have someone with knowledge look into this with our digital world where even the use of a am radio has long been forgotten is unbelievable. I lived near a car dealership were they used loud speakers from 6:am until midnight blaring every 60 seconds at db's well above the law with so many people affected and they would not turn it down a notch. Code enforcement was called many times the same code enforcement that threatened to put me in County Jail for parking my truck for lunch in front of my home citing that I am off the truck route with no one calling on me and citing me for my office ceiling was one inch to low and would be removed from my own office and so much more! I am still amazed that peoples complaints and you were probably the only one affected by this would have this resolved. Maybe I really do have the worst luck in the world and that's why I am so amazed!

so ill listen again, hopefully the problem is fixed or at least reduced to the point that it isn't being heard on the upper end of the band.

Any update on this? Did it get lowered to a reasonable level?

It's really great that you got a response from the company. Working around factories for a good bit of time, I always noticed that most tech/engineering people genuinely want to help with issues. Getting in touch with the right person always seems to be the most difficult step.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.