• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Intro Hi I am new

first welcome and THANK YOU for serving our country.
my nicles worth, height is mite. no matter what antenna the more it goes up the better you are with signal.
some very good radio people are here plus a couple cranky old farts haha

first welcome and THANK YOU for serving our country.
my nicles worth, height is mite. no matter what antenna the more it goes up the better you are with signal.
some very good radio people are here plus a couple cranky old farts haha

The height thing was proven to me as I also bought (its getting addictive to buy cb stuff)
a 4watt walkie talkie and, using it upstairs in my house it picks up MUCH more than at ground level. I now have Walkie + Mobile + base radios. Um, is this cb buying becoming a problem?

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service especially on a day like this. Height is might definately. Also get the best antenna you can put up. There is a saying I always heard in the shooting community and it's better performance thru aggressive spending lol.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
I'm on the shooting range every week, if that is with the US M1 .30 carbine, .357M revolver or Desert Eagle .357M or plinking .22LR from the Walther GSP target pistol.

Just fun reloading the stuff trying out new loads and with a serious hate for 9mm, had the Beretta 92 in stainless steel, but sold it off quick.
I'm rather in .357M and .44M rounds though i sold the S&W 629 classic DX to my brother in law, after winning most cups in our shooting club.

radio is addictive like shooting, you end up with a ton of radio's and gear in the end like me.
Need to sell of some stuff, getting old is a bitch...

I'm on the shooting range every week, if that is with the US M1 .30 carbine, .357M revolver or Desert Eagle .357M or plinking .22LR from the Walther GSP target pistol.

Just fun reloading the stuff trying out new loads and with a serious hate for 9mm, had the Beretta 92 in stainless steel, but sold it off quick.
I'm rather in .357M and .44M rounds though i sold the S&W 629 classic DX to my brother in law, after winning most cups in our shooting club.

radio is addictive like shooting, you end up with a ton of radio's and gear in the end like me.
Need to sell of some stuff, getting old is a bitch...

I hear yea.. I got premature old with a spinal injury (on duty). Shooting and radio do help pass the time,,, if my wife and bank account will hold out.

Wrecked my back as pipefitter/T.I.G. welder...
Pension nw, always worked long weeks 80 hours standard, in the country and in Germany and other countries, was so clever to pay in my pension plan so not poor not rich, bills get paid i can do my hobbies, go out drive a good car and save some money every month here in the Netherlands.
Guns are not in our culture, we do have 70.000 sport shooters and hunters though.
Got into shooting working in a former job as Her Majesties Customs sevice as officer on Schiphol Airport.
Did that till i got bored with the job,, got my drivers license for trucks did that for 6 years through Europe, till that got boring and too much controled.
rest filled as pipefitter/welder, well paid but never home.
radio and shooting will fill the time, have fun with both, you won't regret it.
I;m fully licensed here as ham, had fun in CB ages back when we used 23 channel AM radio's ;)

Wrecked my back as pipefitter/T.I.G. welder...
Pension nw, always worked long weeks 80 hours standard, in the country and in Germany and other countries, was so clever to pay in my pension plan so not poor not rich, bills get paid i can do my hobbies, go out drive a good car and save some money every month here in the Netherlands.
Guns are not in our culture, we do have 70.000 sport shooters and hunters though.
Got into shooting working in a former job as Her Majesties Customs sevice as officer on Schiphol Airport.
Did that till i got bored with the job,, got my drivers license for trucks did that for 6 years through Europe, till that got boring and too much controled.
rest filled as pipefitter/welder, well paid but never home.
radio and shooting will fill the time, have fun with both, you won't regret it.
I;m fully licensed here as ham, had fun in CB ages back when we used 23 channel AM radio's ;)
Some day I should try Ham Radio. I do enjoy the challenges that come with CB like incredibly long antennas. I also like the memories. I do wish there were more CB-ers around here. It is quiet most of the time... I guess that means I need more antenna.
When you were driving truck, did you drive in the UK ? I dont know how they do it,
- Highway ( M highways not A) speeds of 90 MPH (150 KPH) before photo radar goes off.. All non major (non M) highways are NARROW and, I am pretty sure non of them know YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
Never drove in the UK just the EU continent.
All before the nice trucks with sleeping cabines came in, so old school sleeping over the seats and engine in the middle.
Fun times when i was young lol...
Long antenna's on Cb? try my 77 feet long vertical for 160 and up to 20 meter fed with MFJ 998 legal limit tuner....
Or wire antenna's of 130 feet long ;)
If there are no conditions on 10/11 the longest antenna will still deliver only noise.
Being ham i can go to the lower bands and still work the world.
In summertime we here mostly have some sporadic E to work with on 6 meter 10 and 12 meter.
And on 11 if you are in on that.
Though 11 meter is quite dead here, mostly I only hear foreign stations in condition time.

The height thing was proven to me as I also bought (its getting addictive to buy cb stuff)
a 4watt walkie talkie and, using it upstairs in my house it picks up MUCH more than at ground level. I now have Walkie + Mobile + base radios. Um, is this cb buying becoming a problem?
If setting something up horizontal is a problem then you could build something for vertical and try hoisting it up a wooden flag pole or tossing it in a tree?

Reactions: Rwb
I hope this isnt off topic too much but, your picture in the last post shows a coil of coax cable at the antenna. I believe I remember someone posting that there are advantages to this. In your opinion, is this advantageous ? If so, how ? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated