• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is CB mail order only?

KW4HKY

Feb 16, 2010
I googled CB shops in NC, and got a couple on the other end of the state.

Are we limited to mail order only now?

I googled CB shops in NC, and got a couple on the other end of the state.

Are we limited to mail order only now?

Probably so...just like amateur Radio gear. I have no place to buy either (except a couple overpriced truck stops for CB's) where I am in MI. I'd have to drive to Milwaukee to AES if I wanted to lok at new equipment.

So, I rely on forums like this one and eBay for most of my buys.

Well what do you know..........just took the Harley out, stopped at a Wilco truck stop 20 miles from me, and they had radios in stock.

29LTD 99.95 plus tax

They had one several Cobras and one Galaxy:confused:

Only problem is many truck stops are sales only so your stuck with a bone stock radio. Then the places that do actually have a cb shop the quality of the tech work is hit or miss at best. That is why internet sales are where it's at now. There are only maybe 5-6 cb shops in the country I would buy from based on their history of good sound tech work and they all have a web site.

I live about 35 miles from Key CB in Indiana, Jim there is very good at repairs, tunes, and alignments. He is also swamped with warranty work and large boxes of radio's sent from OTHER SHOPS. It's tough anymore to have a radio fixed while you wait.

I do know that Sparky stays very busy as well and has several techs in house to keep things moving. Last year I ordered my Magnum 257HP on line from Sparky and maybe 4 days later it was at my front door.

Recently a local told me he called Bob's cb in PA, they quoted him a 6 month wait for service on a radio he wanted to send in. Glad to see they are staying in business with work but wow, 6 months.

If you ever get down here to Texas...You need to stop by CB City in Tyler TX....

They have just about every CB Radio, and Export Radio currently available "In Stock" and sitting out on shelfs for you to look at...Same go's for antenna's.

If they don't have it...You don't need it!

If you get a chance check out their web site...the web site has lots of radio stuff available, but theres allot more in the store than what's listed on the site...

Most "ON-Line" CB Shops it's just the opposite...They have more on line than actually in their stores...

Only problem is many truck stops are sales only so your stuck with a bone stock radio. Then the places that do actually have a cb shop the quality of the tech work is hit or miss at best. That is why internet sales are where it's at now. There are only maybe 5-6 cb shops in the country I would buy from based on their history of good sound tech work and they all have a web site.

I live about 35 miles from Key CB in Indiana, Jim there is very good at repairs, tunes, and alignments. He is also swamped with warranty work and large boxes of radio's sent from OTHER SHOPS. It's tough anymore to have a radio fixed while you wait.

I do know that Sparky stays very busy as well and has several techs in house to keep things moving. Last year I ordered my Magnum 257HP on line from Sparky and maybe 4 days later it was at my front door.

Recently a local told me he called Bob's cb in PA, they quoted him a 6 month wait for service on a radio he wanted to send in. Glad to see they are staying in business with work but wow, 6 months.
i have in my email still for a quote on a old rig i needed an alignment on and was told a 6 month wait... wow half a year? id think i would forget about the radio after 6 months...:blink: sounds like there crazy busy there @ BOB's CB in PA.

If you ever get down here to Texas...You need to stop by CB City in Tyler TX....

They have just about every CB Radio, and Export Radio currently available "In Stock" and sitting out on shelfs for you to look at...Same go's for antenna's.

If you get a chance check out their web site...the web site has lots of radio stuff available, but theres allot more in the store than what's listed on the site...

Most "ON-Line" CB Shops it's just the opposite...They have more on line than actually in their stores...

I hope those are not any of the guys that ran the old EEI, Express Electronics, from like 12 years ago. The infamous 50 dollar Turbo Tune. I am sure there are several members here that still remember them.

I hope those are not any of the guys that ran the old EEI, Express Electronics, from like 12 years ago. The infamous 50 dollar Turbo Tune. I am sure there are several members here that still remember them.

They have GOD keeping them on the straight and narrow now so your concerns are not an issue.

GOD should not be mistaken for Mormon Jesus.

no.no.no...CB City is literally a "CB Super Store"...I would be willing to bet they have well over a Million Dollars worth of Inventory in just radios alone...And just about every brand and every size of antenna's you could think of...Mobile and Base...About the only thing you won't find in their store, is Amp's...For some reason they draw the line at Amps.

Just dont let em open it up and work on it or youll have a fucked up pile of shit!!

i have in my email still for a quote on a old rig i needed an alignment on and was told a 6 month wait... wow half a year? id think i would forget about the radio after 6 months...:blink: sounds like there crazy busy there @ BOB's CB in PA.

Yeah, they're busy alright...

Alot of warranty work fixing Copper's hacks.

ayup. kinda gives away how old i am, though...

God or "Uncle Charlie"?? Didn't David Pace get a citation for selling illegal radios and amplifiers?

yup. his new site only sells cb radio stuff and 10m stuff now (but no longer advertised as capable of transmitting on the cb bands, even though it's much the same gear).

at least in HI, it's pretty much internet ordering if you want anything other than a base model cobra cb or wilson or k40 antenna. to the best of my knowledge, there's only one shop left on oahu, and they specialize in marine and military comm gear - the cb part of their business was like a side hobby.

i've been purchasing stuff from them for the last 30 years to support local businesses, but stuff like my SS3900GHP, amps, etc... they just don't/won't carry (can't blame them for not wanting to get cited by the FCC since military and gov't folks are down there every day). had to go on the 'net to get those, most of the local big dogs all go internet as well.

i luck out every now and then and pick up lightly used gear from friends for cheap, and no shipping to boot, but otherwise, it's hard to find cb stuff here.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.