• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is Copper's monthly newsletter worth buying?

007_man

Apr 29, 2011
Savannah,Tennessee
I got a Copper Electronics book in the mail Monday and it said for 6 months is $12 (best I can remember...book isn't with me). It said it gives you news on the manufacturers, news on the hobby, and more. Anyone on here subscribed to it? Worth buying?

You're kidding - right?

:laugh::oops:

EDIT:
Copper sells equipment and sometimes has some OK items at a competitive price. Bought an antenna and some other stuff too. But you can do better getting advice from this forum and it won't cost you a dime . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I got a Copper Electronics book in the mail Monday and it said for 6 months is $12 (best I can remember...book isn't with me). It said it gives you news on the manufacturers, news on the hobby, and more. Anyone on here subscribed to it? Worth buying?

If you like paying $12 for a sales pamphlet, go for it.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea Crapper......er sorry, Copper is a joke. I view them as a necessary evil. Several times a year I have to buy something small from them. I pray every time that they don't kick the box around too many times before they send it to me. As far as their "tech work" goes, I would not let them touch my toaster much less a radio.

Reactions: 2 people
It's just another Money Grab. They will put you on their mailing list and send you the catalog for free. But they do make it APPEAR that you have to pay for it and hope some idiots pay them. And I'm sure some do. Don't be one of the idiots

Reactions: 1 person
Yea Crapper......er sorry, Copper is a joke. I view them as a necessary evil. Several times a year I have to buy something small from them. I pray every time that they don't kick the box around too many times before they send it to me. As far as their "tech work" goes, I would not let them touch my toaster much less a radio.

...............Or they send you a refurb radio instead of new and charge you full price for it... They got me twice this way and i called them out for it... :mad:

Another thing that do that irks me is the RCI radios that have a dongle to convert them they will remove the dongle and charge you extra to install it for 30.00!!!

I would consider it propaganda that you pay for. As others have suggested, read up on the posts here... folks tend to be more truthful when they aren't trying to sell you anything. I have stated before, the members here are pretty honest. Sometimes brutally honest, but honest!

As far as ordering, I prefer H and Y, since their mis-pulls always result in me getting something extra. I once ordered some wheat lamps, and got 10 big honkin' Galaxy meters instead. All for about 2 bucks. :laugh: Now if only I could find where I put 'em!

RT307

I bought quite a few Cobra radios from Copper in the 80s and 90s, never had a problem.
I heard about the repacks but everything I bought worked perfect and their prices were the lowest by far.
Copper did piss me off once when I bought a Wilson 5000 roof mount and they charged my credit card even though the antennas were on back order.
Their forum is pretty funny.....you post a comment on their forum and the moderators have to approve it before it is actually posted.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.