• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is it legal?

Is using a vfo in AM/SSB modes in the 27 mhz band legal? say 27.385 is too busy can one legally move to 27.380 or 27.390 to avoid the heavy traffic to make contacts? thanks in advance.

I find it hard to believe you, of all people, are asking an entry level question like this.
Of course sliding on 11 mtrs is illegal.

Is using a vfo in AM/SSB modes in the 27 mhz band legal? say 27.385 is too busy can one legally move to 27.380 or 27.390 to avoid the heavy traffic to make contacts? thanks in advance.

most cbers are probably not capable of doing that.
Also, if you operate on 27.380 LSB, you will have interference from 27.375 USB (and AM) because 11m radios dont have narrow ssb filter with good skirts to prevent interference. Mexicans use USB on 11m.
You would be better off going to 27.415 and up.

of course it is illegal,anything over 4 watts,and any freq,not allotted to
to the 40 channels,is illegal.

SO WHAT????????BIG DEAL,i have a ufo digiscan jumps 5 kc's
i can go anywhere, and I do.

use you're vfo and have fun

There were a bunch of us in the Chicago area that ran 27.370 and 27.380 LSB in the 90s. It worked pretty well. No more interference than anywhere else, really. When you go up above 40, you run into mostly Dxers. We were more interested in local comms.

I was thinking the same thing but decided not to point out the obvious. :D

Of course Mack won't have a problem with pointing that out.........he is about as un politically correct as they come!!!!!
I am in favor of a minimum IQ test before purchasing a CB radio.

I find it hard to believe you, of all people, are asking an entry level question like this.
Of course sliding on 11 mtrs is illegal.

I did not ask this for my information per say but for the entry level forum members that happen to be searching and reading this by chance.

Just following your lead fsyco, like moma always said" stupid is as stupid does."

As long as your Transceiver is putting out 4 watts and the spectrum meets rules, what is ON the air is LEGAL. (the physical radio is another story)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.