• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

is it true about texas star

I called John this morning, Texas Star has been offered to Mike in repair.
But it's not a done deal....
Ed's Son is not going to keep it going, Don, Ed's partner is not interested in keeping it.

As of right now they are selling inventory but don't know where it goes after that.
Spoke a little about Ranger they seem to be focused on just there own line.
Galaxy is still going strong so far, it's just the Amp line that's up in the air.

Jeff

First goal is to improve quality of building with new (non related) assemblers. this is mike's response to me asking what some of the improvements will be if he becomes the new owner
That's sure a great start! I posted a thread here of a new one I received in October and I had to rework and repair a lot of it before ever putting power to it. It was brand spanking new too.

Post in thread 'Who works on Texas Star amps?' https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/who-works-on-texas-star-amps.267146/post-827872

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Well, the upgrades do increase the cost of production significantly......
And the Texas Star amplifiers will perform pretty dang good as they are built, just not to their full potential.......
The upgrades improve the reliability, and do improve the performance.
In my opinion, the most to gain is the quality assurance in assembly......This will help to sell the Texas Star amplifiers more.......

I called John this morning, Texas Star has been offered to Mike in repair.
But it's not a done deal....
Ed's Son is not going to keep it going, Don, Ed's partner is not interested in keeping it.

As of right now they are selling inventory but don't know where it goes after that.
Spoke a little about Ranger they seem to be focused on just there own line.
Galaxy is still going strong so far, it's just the Amp line that's up in the air.

Jeff
thats correct

I don't think they are the actual owners of the Texas Star amplifier line ...
Hadn't considered that, but you're right. The business who presents a product to the world and does the sales and marketing is frequently a whole different enterprise from the actual manufacturer. It's more and more rare to find somebody who both makes and sells a product.

Hadn't looked at their web site for a while, just surprised me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.