• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is this correct ????

B

Bandit169

Okay, here goes. A buddy of mine just told me this. He said that he was told to run 24ft of coax from his antenna to his Kicker and 12ft from the kicker to his radio. Now he was told that 36ft = 1 wave length. And with that configuration he should be able to talk up to 50 to 60 miles from his mobile. IS THIS TRUE TO FACT OR IS THIS BULLCRAP ? PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks and 73s to ya'.

73s To all&Down an'out for now,still aMUDDUCK Quack,Quack.Bandit169-CDX169
mudduck.jpg
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bandit169>Bandit169</A> at: 1/30/04 6:50 am

Okay, here goes. A buddy of mine just told me this. He said that he was told to run 24ft of coax from his antenna to his Kicker and 12ft from the kicker to his radio. Now he was told that 36ft = 1 wave length. And with that configuration he should be able to talk up to 50 to 60 miles from his mobile. IS THIS TRUE TO FACT OR IS THIS BULLCRAP ? PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks and 73s to ya'.

mudduck.jpg
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=bandit169>Bandit169</A> at: 1/30/04 6:50 am

coax length does not make a difference in how far you can get out on your radio. old myth. however, easiest way i can explain this is to get correct SWR readings use coax lengths in 1/4 wavelength's so your friend is partialy right 36 feet would be a good length to use although it would not make a difference were in that 36 feet you put your amp.

</p>

coax length does not make a difference in how far you can get out on your radio. old myth. however, easiest way i can explain this is to get correct SWR readings use coax lengths in 1/4 wavelength's so your friend is partialy right 36 feet would be a good length to use although it would not make a difference were in that 36 feet you put your amp.

</p>

Hi guy's,

Thank you for the correct answer to this little question of

mine. I myself thought in the same lines as both of you.

But considering the fact's i figured the best way to answer

my buddy would be to post it here. Knowing that there are

are enough radio wizards here to back what i thought.

Or inform me if i was wrong. Again i say to you Thank you

and 73s to the both of you. And may the Power of Radio

bring some of the best Skip into you receive.

QUACK,QUACK !!!

mudduck.jpg
</p>

Hi guy's,

Thank you for the correct answer to this little question of

mine. I myself thought in the same lines as both of you.

But considering the fact's i figured the best way to answer

my buddy would be to post it here. Knowing that there are

are enough radio wizards here to back what i thought.

Or inform me if i was wrong. Again i say to you Thank you

and 73s to the both of you. And may the Power of Radio

bring some of the best Skip into you receive.

QUACK,QUACK !!!

mudduck.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated