• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ISDS220A 2 IN 1 Virtual PC USB virtual Digital oscilloscop+Spectrum analyzers

Crossbow

Mar 25, 2016
Need some thoughts on this 60 MHz PC unit for the test bench.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14110267426...38.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&rmvSB=true

Digital oscilloscope
* Channels: 2
* Impedance: 1MΩ 25pF
* Coupling: AC/DC
* Vertical resolution: 8Bit
* Gain range:
-16V ~ 16V (probe X1)
-160V ~ 160V (probe X10)
* Vertical accuracy: ±3%
* Time base range: 1ns-20s
* Input Protection: Diode,50Vpk
* Auto set: Yes(10Hz to 60MHz)
* Trigger Mode: Auto, Normal and Signal
* Trigger Type: No, Rising edge, Falling edge, Rising edge or Falling edge
* Trigger level: Yes
* Trigger Source: CH1, CH2
* Buffer Size: 512KB/CH
* Bandwidth: 60MHz
* Max sample: 200MS/s
* Vertical mode: CH1, CH2, ADD, SUB, MUL
* Display Mode: X, Y-T and X-Y
* Measurements: Yes
* Wave save: Osc(Private), Excel and Bmp

Spectrum analyzers
* Channels: 2
* Bandwidth: 60MHz
* Algorithm: FFT(18 windows), correlation, power spectrum
* FFT points: 8-1048576/CHN
* FFT measure: Harmonic(1-7), SNR, SINAD, ENOB, THD, SFDR
* Filter processing:
FIR filter supports arbitrary range of frequency sampling method, and Rectangle, bartlett, triangular, cosine, hanning, bartlett_hanning, hamming, blackman, blackman_Harris, tukey, Nuttall, FlatTop, Bohman, Parzen, Lanczos, kaiser, gaussand dolph_chebyshev, window method design.
IIR filter support "Butterworth", "Chebyshev I", Chebyshev II, "Elliptic" type of filter design

Data recorder(Only ISD220A):* Channel: 2* Impedance: 1MΩ 25pF
* Coupling: AC/DC
* Vertical resolution:8Bit
* Gain range:
-6V- +6V(probe X1)
-60V- +60V(probe X10)
* Sample:
1 channel : 1K-24M Hz
2 channel : 1K-16M Hz
* Save File: Maximum 4G, recording time associated with the sampling rate

System: WinXP(SP3), Win7(32/64)

Reactions: Tallman

Hey Tallman,
Yeah I seen that one also but a bit more pricey. For CB work do you think the ISDS220A would handle the job?

Hey Tallman,
Yeah I seen that one also but a bit more pricey. For CB work do you think the ISDS220A would handle the job?
A real SA is about $2,000.
But I would want to see it work before I bought it.
Even then, shouldn't have to pay that much for some jumped-up electronic test gear that isn't really worth what they ask for it. Guess they are trying to re-live the good old days of Silicon Valley.

A real SA is about $2,000.
But I would want to see it work before I bought it.
Even then, shouldn't have to pay that much for some jumped-up electronic test gear that isn't really worth what they ask for it. Guess they are trying to re-live the good old days of Silicon Valley.

This is true but I took a chance on that Sinad software and it worked out. I had to pay more then you because I do not have a ham Licence plus added the filter and cable to boot. Just thought this might be a cool item to add to that computer I built.

Hey Tallman,
The advice I normally give after asking this question: Are you setting up a repair shop or just a hobbyist? The answer is spend what you can afford for either situation. Do click on the link in my first posting in this thread to find a real bargain. There only one left. I bought one last night!
I hope it's not too late.

The advice I normally give after asking this question: Are you setting up a repair shop or just a hobbyist? The answer is spend what you can afford for either situation. Do click on the link in my first posting in this thread to find a real bargain. There only one left. I bought one last night!
I hope it's not too late.

Hey Tillman,

The one you bought is only 20 MHz and the one I'm looking at is 60 MHz. For CB I need one to cover 27 MHz.

Reactions: Tallman
Hey Tillman,

The one you bought is only 20 MHz and the one I'm looking at is 60 MHz. For CB I need one to cover 27 MHz.
I have four other S.A.'s I have all of the bands covered.
I jumped on this one for the signal generator and the Data recording. It is probably more than good enough for what I have in mind for it. When I get it I'm going to run it through the wringer and find out what all it can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crossbow

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned