• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

it's dead out here

Well I made a few decent dx contacts today and a couple of local ones as well. Skip was rolling in good from about 9-11a to Austin, TX . This evening was not as good but i still made 2 solid contacts to Arizona from central Texas. So as they say, a little bit is better then nada.

Last edited:
I bet the Spanish speaking stations are saying the same thing about english speaking stations.
The DX is rolling for them as well and likely have the same beehive in their radio.

I would go for your ticket, the tech and general are not bad, and if you have already been playing radio for a while, you are that far ahead.
You can even take practice tests online.
Then you have many choices in bands that work well when others are dead.

Jeff

Yeah been getting an ear full today, made only a few quick contacts to Washington state and Oregon this morning and a couple out east from Louisiana. It is hard to compete with base stations with my little 12 watt radio in a mobile. But it is nice hearing a lot of activity on the radio.

CB is dead locally. channel 32 used by crane operators during the day, and ch 40 at night.

At night all 40 channels are empty

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.