• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Its getting harder to sell radios on EBay anymore with the ham tards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman

K9FON
Nov 26, 2009
Listed a Cobra 148 GTL and mentioned it had been tuned for max performance. Next thing i get a message from some ham tard telling me i cant sell CB radios that are tuned for more power and that he was gonna have it taken off. I told him to "Lick my knob and to go F**k himself up his ass" and next thing i know the listing is gone!!!! Don't these morons have anything better to do than act like cops?

Reactions: 3 people

There's morons in every crowd. Not all hams are like that. eBay does have rules against selling certain types of radios(modded). Of course, with someone like the one you encountered, they get hammered until they pull the ad.
Best thing to do in the future is to not mention any mods to the radio. Maybe, if someone PM's you with questions, (although, that could be a trap too) you might mention them then. The 148's are quite popular, even unmodified. So, even if you had not mentioned the "tune up" it would have probably sold just fine.
trucker

Reactions: 2 people
I agree, you just have to choose your words better. Just say the radio has a correct tune and alignment. Then when he sends you that message you can tell him it has a legal factory tune......... then you can tell him to lick your sack. lol

Reactions: 1 person
Listed a Cobra 148 GTL and mentioned it had been tuned for max performance. Next thing i get a message from some ham tard telling me i cant sell CB radios that are tuned for more power and that he was gonna have it taken off. I told him to "Lick my knob and to go F**k himself up his ass" and next thing i know the listing is gone!!!! Don't these morons have anything better to do than act like cops?

A lot of them are just trying to keep the illegal band interlopers and dirty trash amps off the 10m band.Deep down they are right but often present themselves in the wrong manner. You as a ham should know that a LOT of such radios will cover the lower portion of the 10m band and a lot of them do end up on that band without a license.Maybe you don't care about the bands but others do. If you don't like to be shit on then don't advertise that you have something to be shit on about. Simply state the basics and state that more info is available via email or PM etc. Rules are the rules like them or not. That's the way I see it. Flame away if you like but I speak the truth.

Reactions: 8 people

So i take it you were upset?.....:D

There's plenty of export radios selling on eBay now, along with mod'ed-up 148's...Just have to word your ad so it doesn't say "CB Radio that is doing more than 4w's..."

Heck, I've been seeing more Davemade, X Force, and FatBoy amps being listed now as 10 meter amps, and not getting pulled...It's just all in how the ad is worded.

Not all hams are like what you encountered. I'm a ham myself but I don't care what you do on CB as long as you aren't bothering me by splattering over my channel, coming thru my household appliances or running over my signal with more power.

Chances are the ham you encountered is some 80 y/o crusty old dust bin that hasn't been laid since the 60's. So yeah he probably has enough time to surf evilBay and be a dick. Of course this is not the first time I have heard of some old fart giving people a hard time for selling CB gear that does in excess of 4 watts.

abbreviate thats what i do p&t peaked and tuned if he says your advertising a illegal radio ask him how.If he says p&t tell him it means pussy and tits.

.If he says p&t tell him it means pussy and tits.\
Something most hams have no clue about, LOLOLOLOL

Zman ".If he says p&t tell him it means pussy and tits.\
Something most hams have no clue about, LOLOLOLOL"

If i could like this 1000 times over i would

I am not at all thrilled with ebay, Try to call them if you get a bum deal,What can't find the number? they are there to take your money,and pay-pal will take there cut too. I not real happy with craigs list but have sold Radios and a nice guitar amp also some dualband ham stuff and antennas. Met some nice people and sold the items at a reasonable price and listed the stuff honestly. Give it a try..... Craige list isn't all bad I have also offered to ship items there also.

The part that irks me is my fellow hams who try "educate" me on the legal rules before flagging my listing.

Legally I can sell any modified radio I want to anyone I want. I can buy a brand new Icom-718 and modify it for 11 meters and add a Fatboy amp to the package and sell it to a CB'er. Nothing illegal about any of that. The illegal part comes when the CB'er uses it to transmit on 11 meters. If the CB'er owns the setup and only keys the Icom-718 into the fatboy into a dummy load...totally legal.

eBay however as a private company and can regulate their listings however they want. One funny thing though it that their rules dialog states anything that can be modified to operate on 11 meters is not allowed to be offered for sale on their website. So the last fellow ham that tried to "educate" me was also selling some ham stuff that can easily be modded for 10/11 meters so once he flagged my stuff I flagged his stuff right back. :)

Most hams don't understand that the legality of ownership or sale between individuals is really never in question. "If" and "where" you actually transmit is where the legal issue begins.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.