• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I've got the code blues...

M

main

Wizard627,

I just installed this yesterday and it "seems" a lot more interesting than the tapes. On the plus side, it`s free.

www.g4fon.co.uk/

Koch CW Trainer

Main</p>

Can any one give me an idea of a good code learning software. I am ready to take the tech and the general exam but for copying code. I've seen several different software packages but don't know anyone that has used them.

</p>

In reality you dont need software. Learning code is just like anything else you want to learn. Software is ok, but it aint gonna make you learn morse code.

__All you have to do is pretend your trying to learn to write your NAME again. Practice sending FAMILIAR words! At the same time, your brain will interpret how to receive these familiar words, because you been keyin in this new LANGUGE a lot.

__Then, it will all start to fall into place. The software is for code keyers who can already talk, but cant think of anything to say.

GOOD LUCK --- its easy!

</p>

I used NuMorse Pro to learn the code. It has a tutor, drills, practice tests, etc. Made it very easy to learn. You can download it at www.nu-ware.com

Moleculo

</p>

I might be showing my age, but I used Super Morse. 10 – 15 minutes in the morning while having my first cup of coffee. I went from saying dot and dash to passing the 13 WPM in 2 months. I tried the next level, 18 0r 20 WPM and could only get about half of it. Then I got distracted and never pursued it any more. Now I can barely remember my own call sign.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.