• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Japan dominating 11 meters today.

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
This is the worst that I have ever heard the band, Japan is ever where. From Ch 1 up into the freeband, all Japanese - SSB, AM and FM, it's a big mess. It started about 3:00pm.

It's 7:15pm here on the coast and it's still a mess. So all I managed to work today was just Japan and 3 stations in Indonesia............

Last edited:

All I can hear on the freeband is the southland and mostly them on the lower 40 as well. Did get my brand new 2000 gtl on the air today and got my radio check done by 541 Syd from down under on 38lsb.

Ah......Syd gave you the radio check hu, well that's good, he's a great guy to chat with. Syd and I go back on the radio to around 2003. In fact we just talked two days ago again and for the age of 75 he's doing "GREAT"!!

Want to see who you talked to?

sydk.jpg

Thats' him alright, very nice guy, we talked a couple of different times before conditions faded out. He said he is running a 3 element beam now. Has a very good sounding station and he said my 2000 was sound good as well. I had just finished giving it a complete alignment before getting it on the air so that was good to hear indeed.

This is the worst that I have ever heard the band, Japan is ever where. From Ch 1 up into the freeband, all Japanese - SSB, AM and FM, it's a big mess. It started about 3:00pm.

It's 7:15pm here on the coast and it's still a mess. So all I managed to work today was just Japan and 3 stations in Indonesia............

Nothing but wall to wall Japan and a touch of Indonesia hey? Well you don't get one iota of pity from me. Deal with it. :whistle:Excuse me now while I go and work Europe or West Africa with 5 watts into a wet shoestring for an antenna. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.