• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

JC Penny 6204 Question

gregcooper

May 19, 2012
I got a jc penny 6204 at the flea market this past weekend for 50 cents, couldn't pass it up. It is in great shape and works well. The only problem is I can't find a schematic anywhere. I understand it supposedly uses a cybernet chassis that was branded for a lot of different radio brands, what was the closest to this model for a schematic for it? I want to play with it a little bit, but without something to go by, I would be flying blind, which is never a good idea. From what I could find, Midland, Hygain and others used the same chassis, but which models?
Thanks

the 6204 is a bottom-of-the-line CYBERNET chassis built on the PTBM078AOX main board. It is a first generation 02A circuit using the BA521 audio IC, and has pretty weak modulation. A power mike helps these chassis a lot, but no amount of tweaking, clipping, etc., is going to get a much out of it. The Hy-Gain I is similar, and the schematic is on CBTricks. The 6204 schematic is in Sams # 216. 73s.

Thanks for the info, I knew it was extremely bottom of the line radio, but I would rather play with these until I get better at modding, it a lot easier to toss a cheap radio, lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.