• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Jo Gunn Smoking 2 or Gizmoychy 3 element Which?

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
I have a Gizmotchy 3 element beam and a Jo Gunn Smoking Gun 2 element beam which one of these is the better beam . I am putting it up on a 40 foot tower? I like how heavy duty built the Jo Gunn is but Gizmotchy is a 3 element. Their specs are pretty close.! Opinions please??

Are you a current owner of a Gizmotchy, or you are just trying to decide between these two?

Edfiero, back in late May I posted a note for Jimbo165 in the conversation section, but he did not respond. So I will re-post it below.

Jimbo165, have you constructed and tuned either of your beams yet?

I have a model for the 3 element Giz, and their manuals generally shows all the dimensions.

I've never modeled the JG Smoking Joe II.

If you can please, I need the EXPOSED lengths for all the parts, including their diameters. Then I can try and model this JoGunn beam, and compare these 2 beams.

Maybe you could give me your dimensions, including lengths, diameters, for all the parts. Then, I'll model these two antennas for your comparison.

I hope this works for you. Good luck.

I am sorry Marconi I did not even know there was a message section so never checked it at all. I have both beams still and still have not decided yet which one to put up. The only specs I have are ones you can find easy on internet when assembling antennas. I got them used so have no paperwork. I am very sorry again to not respond to you since June because i thought no one responded and I just looked at post again. I like the heavy duty of Jo-gun but Giz is a 3 element.??

if you live in extreame climates with windy conditions the heavy built jogunn would be better..on just a performance note the 3 should outdo the 2 ..by a small amount

Reactions: Marconi

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.