• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Johnson desk mics

123kid

Mar 6, 2012
If i have a johnson 250 will any johnson desk mic work with it with the same connector?Are they all wired the same?

yes any johnson mike will wire up to it with the proper plug. you will have to go to a turner mike wireing booklet to get the wire code. should be easy to find. 73s midnight special

I'd look for the one I mentioned in my review with the gain controls on the bottom if you want something to match up well with the 250.

I have three of those old Johnson desk mics. Were these original designs by Johnson or were these made by someone else (like Turner) for Johnson? I've read that they were knock offs of the Turner +2. Does anyone know with certainty?

Thanks.

I have always been partial to the Turners. That said, the Johnson desk mic does not have the output of a Turner +3 or a Super Side Kick, but it does have a good quality tone. My Johnsons are all wired for 5 pin din plug Realistic (Radio Shack) radios. I used one for a Realistic TRC 216 40 channel walkie talkie that I hooked up as a base and was amazed at how good that pairing sounded.

Is the Johnson desk mic a knock off of any particular Turner model? I have read on blogs that it was a knock off of the +2 base mic, but have not been able to verify that via someone knowledgeable.

Thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.