• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Jumper length

Ziploc

Mar 19, 2016
Guys , does the length of the cable matter as in you’ll lose or gain power or is it just for reflect issues. The jumper between amplifier and radio . Thank you all.

I have a 3” jumper that’s super lossy. From Palomar so one would think it’s pretty good. Nope my cheapo coax that came with a Workman meter is a ton better. I lost about 25w on the meter with that Palomar coax.

The JEFA 240 works really well for my set up. No measurable loss at all. Just my lamens findings. YMMV

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I have a 3” jumper that’s super lossy. From Palomar so one would think it’s pretty good. Nope my cheapo coax that came with a Workman meter is a ton better. I lost about 25w on the meter with that Palomar coax.

The JEFA 240 works really well for my set up. No measurable loss at all. Just my lamens findings. YMMV
I’m running a 6’ with 8x with amphonel solder 259s no problem.

I have a 3” jumper

3" as in 3 inches? That's not very long, even if the amp were mounted directly under the radio (or above),it would take at least 5-6" between the PL259's to go from radio to amp input. I have had a few setups like this in the past.

Maybe you meant 3' or 3 feet.

3" as in 3 inches? That's not very long, even if the amp were mounted directly under the radio (or above),it would take at least 5-6" between the PL259's to go from radio to amp input. I have had a few setups like this in the past.

Maybe you meant 3' or 3 feet.

Ha ha...just noticed!! 3ft jumper. My sausage fingers hit the wrong key. LOL

Reactions: Cabover Bob
5D4BF67F-B1E3-4844-8548-091C6FC2BCCD.jpeg
0ED30657-EA52-4D95-B306-6BC8FA58869C.jpeg
If you have the right tool it's super simple. By following the instructions without a tool, you are ready to go but it's not perfect.
E4D2366B-30CC-4094-9214-1D42062C80C2.jpeg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.