• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just bought a Galaxy DX99V

Anything in particular I should do or check to see if something has been done to this radio? It's used, but in perfect condition.

I wanted a radio with all the bells and whistles, and also would be a strong talker and receiver on AM and SSB. Did I get the right radio?

</p>

That radio will sound nice on Am on SSB! It is not the best radio for SSB, but it will get the job done! As far as AM, it will sound really nice! I always get a toggle switch added to the radio so i can turn the talkback on and off! That way you can crank up on the mic gain and blow out your antenna! LOL

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

Well, im going to tell you a story about me! Two weeks ago i got another Galaxy 99v and buy now, it is the first time to really use a Galaxy 99 on SSB other then Am to witch i am use to! Well, i talked on AM and got TONS of flower's from truckers and where ever i went on the radio! I then turned to SSB and talked to a few locals that i talk to on a regulat basis and they said it sounded good but not as good as my lincoln! A fellow offered me a deal that i could not pass for my Galaxy 99, so i traded him the radio and i put a Cobra 148 GTL in line in the mobile, it had the Extra channels and a fellow tech i have not used yet tuned it and i wanted to try it out, so i put it in line and went to my SSB channel where my buddys hang out and they said, "What radio you on" Well, whe nthey said that, i automatically thought to myself, "The radio sounds like junk" So i came back and told them, i was on a Cobra 148 GTL with extra channels, and i asked why, does it sound bad! WELL with that, they came back and said it sounds AWESOME and that it rocked! I still have it in line, and love it! I use to always run a grant or 148 and never used on ssb till now, and i cant beleive what i have been missing!

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.