• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just getting into CB Radio

To the OP i am so sorry you were hassled on your question .
there are some good people in here that share a love of radio that will answer any questions you have without bieng snooty or just downright mean.
I have been a HAM for 10 yrs and have been around cb's my entire life . I still have quite a few cb's in my radio arsenal .

keep asking your questions , Knowledge is power.
if someone takes time to razz you, they probably dont have much else better to do.
this is a great forum , hope you stay.

I would rather be the HAM that recruits, educates, and mentors
, than creates enemies of the hobby .
I agree but there are trolls and this user might not be the one we are all thinking but pattern is the same.

To the OP, if you are not dualantenna, semi-truck, cobera2000 and several of the other "handles" used then I sincerely apologize.

I just wanted opinions on antennas NOT to get riddiculed
Plus user IMD262 liked my post got it in my notifications
I have NO ideal who this other person is your talking about...
I was skeptical until this post, the OP didn't have any bold print.

there are some good people in here that share a love of radio that will answer any questions you have without bieng snooty or just downright mean.
I have been a HAM for 10 yrs and have been around cb's my entire life . I still have quite a few cb's in my radio arsenal .

if someone takes time to razz you, they probably dont have much else better to do.

I stated above that if the admins who can look up the IP address the op was posting from say that he isn't who I thought he was I would publicly apologize, and I stand by that statement. It hasn't happened yet.

I've looked up some of your posts and they don't sound anything like a certain individual. Your posts have a completely different writing style to them, which is keeping me from thinking your less than a month old account was created by the same person... That being said, these are the forst two posts I remember seeing from you.

If you think I don't try and help others all you have to do is take a look at my previous posts on this and other forums to find out otherwise. I do tend to be a stickler for details sometimes though.

On a more serious note, assuming that he is who he says he is (a big assumption at this point as he keeps doing the same stuff)...

What is the best Vertical Antenna?

That isn't enough to give a good answer, which is another hint that he is a certain individual. Two questions that immediately come to mind are:

What is the antenna going to be used for?

Where is it going to be used?

Also, you have to define what you are looking for. I can suggest any number of antennas with any number of different properties that might suite you, and no antenna even comes close to being the "best" antenna for all situations.

Until I get more details my answer above remains...

The correct answer is yes you want to have an antenna...

You could ask "Whats the best car" and be in the same boat... err... vehicle... err... situation...

The DB

Oh wait, he did narrow it down some...

What's the best Vertical CB Base Station Antenna For the money???

It is hard to beat the price of 18 feet or so of wire being hung from a tree or something else that is tall. Cut the wire in half and feed one to the center conductor of the coax and the other to the shielding. The hardest part here is running the coax away from the antenna at a 90 degree angle. You can go a little longer and simply fold the tips of the antenna back to tune it. The antenna doesn't even have to be perfectly straight to work well.

If your looking for a ready made antenna most of them that are under $80 will perform about the same. They will only really outperform the design I described above noticeably if they are mounted higher than that one...

The DB

I was skeptical until this post, the OP didn't have any bold print.

I am NOT the other person BUT...

I've been reading post from other poster's just to learn
how the mods operate on here so NOT to get in trouble
It seems the MOD's need to realize that everyone that
POST in the CB sections is NOT going to be a ham...
Will not have the same values of hams and
Therefore should run on a little less tight of a stick in THESE
SECTION's of the forum.
CB'er's may have just found the forum off of google
Simply searching CB Antennas

If YOU could see all the info I see including user IP addresses you would see things differently and understand COMPLETELY.

Reactions: 4 people
I am NOT the other person BUT...

I've been reading post from other poster's just to learn
how the mods operate on here so NOT to get in trouble
It seems the MOD's need to realize that everyone that
POST in the CB sections is NOT going to be a ham...
Will not have the same values of hams and
Therefore should run on a little less tight of a stick in THESE
SECTION's of the forum.
CB'er's may have just found the forum off of google
Simply searching CB Antennas

coba buy a hygain sp-500 best vertical mantenna ever made you will be happy with this antenna put up at a height of 18ft minium or higher the better.

If YOU could see all the info I see including user IP addresses you would see things differently and understand COMPLETELY.

right on , im not lashing out brother . just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt . even if it was the hoodlum , he was acting in a cordial manner .
i only know what i read .

im here to learn and to help those who need assistance in the hobby.
If i thought a person was a troublemaker i would address it in a pm .
so as not to embarrass me or the accused.

was just trying to make the best out of the situation.
i had and have no ill thoughts . i am merely a happy guest in the forum ,
Trying to keep a Good spirit around Christmas .

73's

right on , im not lashing out brother . just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt . even if it was the hoodlum , he was acting in a cordial manner .
i only know what i read .

im here to learn and to help those who need assistance in the hobby.
If i thought a person was a troublemaker i would address it in a pm .
so as not to embarrass me or the accused.

was just trying to make the best out of the situation.
i had and have no ill thoughts . i am merely a happy guest in the forum ,
Trying to keep a Good spirit around Christmas .

73's

Same here

We do very well answering questions to newbie radio nuts, after all we were all noobs at one time.
The subject above has been here under several user names asking redundant silly questions, that is why he is treated as such.
C/K has been very tolerant of him, but I am sure this will not end well.
If you do a quick search of the usernames mentioned you will see the reasons.

Jeff

And with Jeff's last post this thread suddenly screeched to a stop for four days. Almost as if a nerve was struck or something. Yes IP's can be read by amins and mods and even when they decide to use a proxy like pools.spcsdns.net it can be traced using the proper look-up tools.Often it is then that the posters supposed location and his real location are found not to match up. Sometimes a person simply posts in the same manner regardless of the username he chooses and simply gives himself away.

Sometimes we admins may be a little dumb or slow but then there are times when we may just act that way while feeding out enough rope for someone to hang themselves with.

BTW I am still trying to understand why someone would be a fan of Coba radios. Never heard of them myself. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.