• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just got my new Astatic 636L!!

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Good afternoon folks, well just received my new mic from EBay, well built and I see on the back of the mic they are being made in Pennsylvania, if I remember correctly the older ones from the 90's used to be made in Ohio, at least it's still made in the USA and not overseas like most things, just my thoughts and opinions expressed, well 73's and God Bless:)!!!

Thanks for the comments, yes they are a great mic,as I have used one before back in the early 90's which then I had hooked up to a Galaxy Saturn base and a Galaxy 88 and other radios then. This one is hooked up to the Ranger2950Dx in my car with a Wilson 1000 mag mount, they are well built Mic's with a great sound and have been around a longggg time!! 73's and God Bless!!

Thanks for the comments, yes they are a great mic,as I have used one before back in the early 90's which then I had hooked up to a Galaxy Saturn base and a Galaxy 88 and other radios then. This one is hooked up to the Ranger2950Dx in my car with a Wilson 1000 mag mount, they are well built Mic's with a great sound and have been around a longggg time!! 73's and God Bless!!
My RD104E I received last week was made in Conneaut Ohio so you on point!

You might want to check out the ranger sta198 Mic also, the astatic 636 has been a long favorite of mine, but I have really come to like the ranger mic, and they are cheap, under $40 most places.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.