• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just starting on the new shack

The matched set of four 811's was on RF Parts. I got a great deal locally on two amps and a like new MFJ 986 3kw tuner. All three for $800. Both amps work great and I couldn't be happier although my ham fund is wiped out. I'm on vacation this week and I'm going to play a lot of radio.:D

I'm seeing 750 watts out of the 811 on 20 meters and a little over 800 on the SB-200. I had to make a patch cable to go with the original rca input jack on the SB-200 but I can key both amps and my radio with a Heil dual foot switch until I locate an 8 pin din to make the amp cable for the 1200. The soft-key mod should get here this week so I can key the SB-200 as well with the same cable.

WP_20150704_007_zpsvp3si2us.jpg

Reactions: 2RT307
The matched set of four 811's was on RF Parts. I got a great deal locally on two amps and a like new MFJ 986 3kw tuner. All three for $800. Both amps work great and I couldn't be happier although my ham fund is wiped out. I'm on vacation this week and I'm going to play a lot of radio.:D

I'm seeing 750 watts out of the 811 on 20 meters and a little over 800 on the SB-200. I had to make a patch cable to go with the original rca input jack on the SB-200 but I can key both amps and my radio with a Heil dual foot switch until I locate an 8 pin din to make the amp cable for the 1200. The soft-key mod should get here this week so I can key the SB-200 as well with the same cable.

WP_20150704_007_zpsvp3si2us.jpg

Man, that was a heck of a buy! Nice!!!

Brett

Thanks! I am liking the SB-200. Just hope I can find a spare set of tubes before they become unobtanium...lol Here's the final picture of the shack. I have a little wire management to do and another antenna to hang but I'm happy with it.

WP_20150705_008_zpssmgzamuz.jpg

Reactions: binrat and 2RT307
Thanks! I am liking the SB-200. Just hope I can find a spare set of tubes before they become unobtanium...lol Here's the final picture of the shack. I have a little wire management to do and another antenna to hang but I'm happy with it.

WP_20150705_008_zpssmgzamuz.jpg
Looks awesome! You are going to have some fun, that's for sure. Like the glass of red wine, too. Lol

Brett

We just got into the new house completely last weekend and along with a few other side jobs that need doing I started on the shack yesterday. Unpacked some of my mics and ran some Davis rf Bury-Flex and their RG8X sized direct bury coax through the ceiling and what a pain that was.

I'll do some more unpacking throughout the week and figure where my antennas are going up in the yard. I'm also waiting for one of the W8AMZ /ZS6BKW multiband dipoles to get here. It's slow going but I'll get there. The three most important aspects of the shack are already there. It's in a finished basement (man-cave) and a nice clean, pre-built space, bathroom is 5 feet away and there's a refrigerator in the next room :)

WP_20150621_002_zpsibgayjon.jpg
Nice "shed".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated