• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Justin Depolis ?

V8Vega

May 15, 2005
Phoenix Az.
Hi, My computer went down when Justin was taking a new job. Is he doing side work like he indicated he was going to? I need some work done on my Robyn T-240D.
Thanks, Wayne.

The receive is starting to fluctuate in tone and volume up and down. It also gets a static sound kinda like a popped speaker. I wanted to have it tuned and aligned, retubed, my CBC int. crystal switch installed, and I wanted Justin to do his plate modulation mod I've heard about. I have all tubes,crystals, etc. I get the impression some people think I'm up to something.
Wayne.

V8Vega said:
The receive is starting to fluctuate in tone and volume up and down. It also gets a static sound kinda like a popped speaker. I wanted to have it tuned and aligned, retubed, my CBC int. crystal switch installed, and I wanted Justin to do his plate modulation mod I've heard about. I have all tubes,crystals, etc. I get the impression some people think I'm up to something.
Wayne.

It sound like your volume control is dirty. Go to Radio Shack and buy a can of Contact Cleaning Spray, unplug the radio, pull the skins off, using the nozzle tube, spray the contact cleaner into the volume pot while turning it up and down. While you are at it, spray the rest of the control pots and switches.

Let the radio dry for a couple of hours and fire it up and see if part of your problems are taken care of; continue to look for a tube technician in your area (look for a friendly Ham operator, that's your best bet).

Wayne we dont think your up to anything its just when someone asks about a few certain people around here straglers come in and add things to the post that dont need to be there and it gets out of hand thats all I was saying. I have seen it happen ;) .... Anyways I was wondering if maybe the pots are not dirty as mentioned. I have also seen faulty parts do this along with a bad solder joint. My guess is that its just a bit dirty and a shot of anti static spray along with some turns back and fourth of the knobs will clear it upmake sure its not pluged in when doing that and before running it that its dry. Good luck my friend but I really think it will be fixed after your done cleaning it.

Thanks for the help. I want her tuned and my crystal switch put in as well as the caps checked etc. I think I found a good & honest tech on the east coast (It's far but oh well) to work on her.
Wayne.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.