• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K40 RADIO: What mics will work with it other than stock?

JA101

Nov 29, 2021
Hello,

I have a K40 Speech Processor radio with NO MIC. I see many threads about how to use the mic with other radios, but none about what mics can be used with the radio itself. The K40 mics seems kind of hard to find.

Are there any mics, new or old, that will work off the shelf with the radio? I'm not a fanatic with CBs, so I figure for a cheap little CB it will work okay for my uses, if I can find an affordable mic.

If it is the model with the internal speech processor it is a Uniden 500e chassis with the added K40 speech processor inside. I ran on for years in the mobile until it finally died and I had to get the old 30-30 out and put her down. Probably had a bad solder joint repair 3 times. DTB set it up for me, David had the SAMs for it. I ran it with the Skythumper RK65. It worked well with the noise canceling mic. The speech processor was adjusted with that mic. I had used it in a lot of different vehicles. And of course welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
The radio should be wired for a Cobra/Uniden 4 pin pattern. I believe the original mic is noise canceling. I would try both a noise canceling and stock microphone. See which one you think sounds best. If I remember correctly the stock mic let in a lot of background noise.

download.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.