• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K6PMG Shoots a .44 Mag Derringer with hot loads

WRONG load for that gun... Those were borderline "too hot" for a 7-1/2" Super Blackhawk. That thing is a real pleasure to shoot. Call me when we can't shoot it some more.

Here's another Salton Sea discovery we made today. 1.5 grains of power (less than 6% of the load) makes the difference between piercing 1/4" plate at 75 yards and putting a marble sized "dent" in it.

44 mag wouldn't pierce the plate at 25 feet, but a "hotish" .223 at 75 yards punched right through it.
plate1.JPG

1/4" diameter bullet punches about a 1/2" hole
bulletInHole.jpg

55gr FMJ lead core next to the holes they were punching. Those little "splatters" left of the bullet are from .22LR. Doesn't even scratch it.
bulletByHole.jpg

THEN, some that were downloaded by 5% from the ones above, about like what you'd get off the shelf. Didn't pierce, but look at the warts it put in the plate!
plateback.jpg

I didnt think it was a derringer at first, ive never seen one in .44mag. That looks like it would try to exit your hand if you werent gripping it right.

I didnt think it was a derringer at first, ive never seen one in .44mag. That looks like it would try to exit your hand if you werent gripping it right.

Well, if you ever DO see one in .44 mag, don't offer to shoot it. There's a reason you don't see these in .44 mag. lol

The tiny grip only allows you to get your middle and ring fingers on it. I was wearing a PACT impact glove which made it even tougher to grip, and even with an impact glove it felt like getting hit with a hammer!

Well, if you ever DO see one in .44 mag, don't offer to shoot it. There's a reason you don't see these in .44 mag. lol

The tiny grip only allows you to get your middle and ring fingers on it. I was wearing a PACT impact glove which made it even tougher to grip, and even with an impact glove it felt like getting hit with a hammer!

would that be a small ball pin?
or regular claw hammer?
or say... a 5 lb sledge?

Big B

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.