• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenrich Eagle 500

skyrocket

Mar 19, 2013
I recently purchased a kenrich eagle 500 and the tubes need to be replaced. It has 2 20LF6 driving 5 20LF6. New 20LF6 cost $50.00 and more. However i have been told i could use 26Lx6 ( $18.00 NOS) as a replacement. What is the downside of this replacement tube and is there an upside?. Also, how many amps will it draw running 500-700 watts on 110 volts?.
Thanks
skyrocket

Yes, you can. however, the "20" in 20LF6 refers to the filament voltage. The 26 volt filaments will be operating below rated voltage and it depends on if they are wired in parallel or series as well, if series there could be a significant difference in the voltage they are getting. Which means they will not be as efficient, and while reduced filament voltage to a point isn't bad, and in some tubes and cases can even increase the life of the tube, on a tube such as this, it is not recommended. Better to wire the filaments in series to ad up to the line voltage if possible which is a common modification in these type of amplifiers or at least find a tube with the correct rating.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.