• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TH-D72 iGPS ERROR

ke6zc

Jun 24, 2011
My TH-D72 was working fine as I was traveling on the Pacific Surfliner yesterday. The GPS stopped updating its postion somewhere near Santa Maria. It beaconed that position (which shows up on aprs.fi/ke6zc) when I was near Carpinteria. I switched the radio off and back on again and that cleared the location, but now I get an "iGPS ERROR" message. I upgraded the firmware to 1.02 (it was 1.00), which requires a full reset, hoping that would clear up the problem. It didn't. I suppose I'll have to take it to the service center in Industry to get it repaired unless someone suggests something else I could do to get it working again.

Carpinteria is one of my favorite places to camp on the beach :) I'm sorry to hear about your HT problem, though.

Did you try removing the battery completely?

Firmware V 1.03 is now available.

V1.03 HERE

There is something on iGPS but not for an error. Might be worth a shot before taking it in.

There's an upgrade to the memory control program there too.

Hello everyone...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.