• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TM-D700 Head Unit.

VK2LET

Jan 8, 2010
I am looking for a Kenwood TM-D700 Head unit as mine decided that it didnt like living in my car anymore and hitched a ride with the guy that stole my CD'S and stuff. So if you have one or a complete radio that requires repairs I would be interested in takeing it of your hands.

Willing to pay freight.
TIA
Richard

Richard,
This is a little bit late, but I just didn't see your post, sorry.
You might also watch for the control head of the TM-D708, or if you don't mind the expense, the control head for the TM-D710. All are interchangeable.
I'm not sure if it's just me, or if there is a slight difference between the '700's head and the '708's head, but the '708 head seems brighter to me when in the truck (if that would make any difference).
I thought about 'up-grading' to the '710 control head, but honestly didn't see any great advantage (and I'm cheap/frugal?).
Good luck.
- 'Doc

Reactions: 1 person
I am looking for a Kenwood TM-D700 Head unit as mine decided that it didnt like living in my car anymore and hitched a ride with the guy that stole my CD'S and stuff. So if you have one or a complete radio that requires repairs I would be interested in takeing it of your hands.

Willing to pay freight.
TIA
Richard

Kenwood TM-D700 is very hard to find this days. It's a very nice looking radio. Even nicer than the newer TM-D710. I been thinking of buying one as vehicle radio instead of Yaesu FT-8800 but can't find any selling it new. It's been discontinued by Kenwood for sometime now. There's still lots of people trying to buy one more than the newer Kenwood model. Also lots of people said that the APRS features of that radio is superb than those of newer radios.

I doubt if you can find one even if you're looking for is just the head unit.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with a Yaesu ft-7800 about 4 years ago (also lost a GPS in that deal). It's absolutely insane that the manufacturers don't make the head units available through their parts department. Especially for the more expensive radios.

BTW, if anyone has a 7800 with problems on the RF side, I'm still looking for a replacement

nine

Well, my TM-D700 died the other day (saved the fuse, of course), but my control head works fine on the XYL's TM-D700. Still need one? Would you sell your radio unit?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.