• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TM-D710A - AVMAP GEOSAT 6 APRS

jmz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Feb 8, 2010
Is the subject line together all that is needed for APRS/GPS functionality?

I see mention of the Green Light Labs GPS-710 but I would be more interested in this combination although more costly it is more appealing to me....

Does anyone have this combination, and how do you like it?

John - KE4HGR

Yes, I believe that is all you need. According to the AVMAP site, that unit will also work with the TH-D72A.

I found a pretty good deal I guess was not supposed to be listed...they are going to give it to me at the price listed at the time though...

D710A and G6 $949.20 which is a $67 discount...

I'm not impressed with the build quality of the D710A but the it has some things that I can't get elsewhere...I have the FTM 350 and it does things the D710 doesn't do...and I like the FTM 350 build quality quite a bit...

You can get a 4X4 Map Suite to add on to the G6 which they don't advertise very well...some owners didn't seem aware...add on map 4x4 is $110

I think I may jump on this deal...they created a special Google basket code just for me...I feel special...merry xmas to me...

John - KE4HGR

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.