• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood ts-2000 cw decoder

B

big_sho9

I've heard a lot of hams say they could not get cw decoders to work. This is my personal 2000 with a random freeware decoder, I found on the net. To get it to work, I wired two 3.5 mm jacks together, and ran it from the speaker out on the radio to the line in on the soundcard on the computer. It works really good. Then I use ARCS II to send code out through the DB9 cable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Did you use an isolation transformer on your 3.5mm cable? These are cheap way to connect audio from your pc to rig via the data port. Good for various modes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323255997507

I've recommended theses on qrz to new ft8 users. Most can't can't make them work and buy something more expensive that requires less thinking.

Reactions: big_sho9
Did you use an isolation transformer on your 3.5mm cable?
all I did was cut two 3.5 mm plugs, and wired them together. That is when the cw decoder started working. It did not work b4. I too have tried different setups and programs. This was a cheap way of doing it, without paying for HRD. The arcs 2 and 3 can be downloaded off kenwoods site. I forget where the cw decoder came from, but during testing this setup made 3 other programs
work as well.

What made me think of this was when reading about the kenwood 890 and 990, decoding CW was, they both have a soundcard installed to decode. So I tried several programs and got them to work this way. I couldn't get any of the programs to work through the data cable. This was the only, and best way to get one to work with the ts2000. This technique even works on older rigs. (thought I would pass this on and try to do something useful on here)

all I did was cut two 3.5 mm plugs, and wired them together. That is when the cw decoder started working. It did not work b4. I too have tried different setups and programs. This was a cheap way of doing it, without paying for HRD. The arcs 2 and 3 can be downloaded off kenwoods site. I forget where the cw decoder came from, but during testing this setup made 3 other programs
work as well.

It will still work without the isolation transformer. As long as there aren't different dc potentials between the pc and rig nothing bad will happen. For me it's just cheap insurance.

Thats all I use the board I posted for. It isolates the audio to and from the rig for digi modes.

Reactions: big_sho9
These programs is probably why the FCC did away with code testing.
Same has UK Morse requirements scrapped, around 2000 br then very few if any commercial users such has coast guards etc use CW and you needed CW skills in case you where causing interference and needed to be asked to move.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated