• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS-430S

T

TonyV 225

I have a Kenwood I purchased about a year ago it needs a little work first problem is it sounds real over modulated or distorted you can barely understand it. Second problem when the radio gets warmed up it has a problem with the VFO its real jumpy and doent work right. But if you use the up and down on the hand held mike it works ok. I know this radio is old but its a real basic radio user friendly.

</p>

Use the mic gain to adjust SSB modulated power to where it won't kick in the ALC. Do this with the speech processor on. To try and prevent the freq from jumping around use the Freq loc. Unlock it to change freq. Does the jumping occur on both A & B VFO's?

Wayne C.

CDX-787

mobile/base

Magna Force 900

HR2600/HR2510

MR. COILY Single Coil/A99

D104M6B/Turner +3 desk

Every man is a damn fool for at least 5 minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.

educate-01sig.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned