• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS-440s Problem

J

JustinDePolis2

UK, I am surprised that you know this, about the glue... the only other person besides myself that I've ever heard of knowing that was Bill Good. Anyways, nine times out of 10, that cured the problem. The glue becomes conductive over the years, and the VCO will not lock.

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

bot452026.gif
</p>

This is also a common problem with some of the older HR-2510/Lincolns, they used glue to "seat" the Voltage regs on the CPU board, this stuff gets old and becomes conductive, it will also corrode the fine PC traces under the glue sometimes. Several times I have had a dead 2510 here that simply lifting the Voltage regs on the CPU board and removing the old glue resolved the problem.

Not nice stuff!

Good tip!

Jeff

<span style="color:eek:range;font-family:helvetica;font-size:large;">RadioActive</span>

20040427_0100_eit_171.gif

</p>

Hi I am havin an issue with my 440. I turned it on today and it turned on but suddenly the frequency dissapeared and all i seen were dots in a row no recieve either. Now everytime i turned it off and on again it would show display for a few seconds and then show dots again. The only thing that baffled me was if i went through all the 100 memory channels there was a few frequencies that worked like 3.898.00 and 3.913.00 they recieve fine and the frequencies show and stay unlike the other channels. Would the lithium or memory battery being low cause this??? Or has anybody seen or worked on a simular problem your help would be great and appreciated Thanks Tony.....

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.