• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS-50 and matching AT-50 Tuner mobile or base setup

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I never thought Ide do this but here it goes Ive hade this radio for 10 years or so and its been rock solid!! This was my wifes mobile and the guys on the band said she sounded like a movie star on this rig so she always said that it her "Movie Star Radio" Radio now just sits I was gonna use it portable but use my Yaesu FT-857D for that. I dont care if this radio sells or trades or not as its a fantastic performer and thats with the stock microphone.

I have original owners mauals for the TS-50 Radio and the AT-50 Tuner and I believe I have a Service tuneup alignment manual on disc I can also send I njust went through radio today and also tested the internal memory battery which tested fine or Ide have put a new one in since I have them on hand. These radios run a pair of 2SC2879 final Transistors in the Pa section so these radios will hammer although I left mine at 100 watts.

There are guys running these radios at 250 watts out I never did it I mean why??? Because my wife and I talked allover the world mobile on 100 AVG watts output I believe on a true active peak reading meter in peak reding mode I was seeing between 130 - 150 PEP also the tuner isnt gonna take that much power in as its I believe 100 input.

Radio has very simple Amplifier hookup its RCA jack output for Amplifier exciter (Relay) and RCA ouput jack for (ALC) radio is NOT NEW so it has scratches on bottom no big deal so Ide say 7-8 out of a 10 as some people are picky eventhough this isnt new and I alone had it 10 years or better. I may consider trades for amplifiers that are in good shape or maybe even another radio. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with this radio and never has been a problem so I expect same in a trade item if it goes that route. If you have never seen or ran one of these once you do you will never need another mobile setup I dont drive due to eye disease or Ide not even consider selling or trading it but someone will love and get use outta this little animal.

If someone buys or trades for it Ill even program whatever frequencies you want into it or Ill send it as its programmed now or wipe it clean its up to buyer. It has the M.A.R.S. mod so it openened up or expanded as far as frequency coverage I actually have it programmed 1-40 Citezens band on memory channels 1-40 1 - 35 AM 36 - 40 LSB for traveling plus some 10 meter and 75 - 80 Meter frequencies I use. It sells orades it does if not thats ok to like I said I cant believe Im posting it but I just dont do mobile as I dont drive and ma separated from my wife now since August and have been cleanin house here.

Im asking $765.00 Shipped and insured for Kenwood TS-50 radio with stock microphone the Kenwood AT-50 Automatic Tuner with interface cable which allows radio to communicate with Tuner so it does its thing automatically and the Owners Manuals. This radio and tuner are smaller in size but its not light and has to be packed real good. Or again possible trades Blue tape on Mic cord was to help starighten the cord as when I redid the mic plug I had to trim down to where the coil started it drove me nuts!!! so I am starightening it or (Training) the cord so to speak LOL!! The actual cord however is the good stretchy actual rubber cord. The radio I had gotten from the original owner so no 11 meter golden screwdivers in this one and none of the high power mods done ;)

1zdxf00.jpg

rh1mhu.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.