• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood's recommended APRS software: Will it work with 64 bit OS

Need2Know

KK4GMU - Ocala, FL
Jan 26, 2012
Ocala, FL
www.muccings.blogspot.com
In Kenwood's complete manual for APRS for the TM-D710 Mobile, reference is made to APRS software, with a link provided to this site APRS Client for Windows - Official UI-View Home Page for downloading the software.

My question is this: Will the 32 bit software mentioned work on a 64 bit operating system (Windows 7)? Is there a 64 bit version? I didn't notice any on their site.

The free APRSIS32 software that I already downloaded works fine. I'm assuming that the "32" in the title refers to the "bit" rate of the software.

Last edited:

I have Ui-view, APRSIS32 and AGWTracker with AGWPE running on my Windows 7 64bit laptop and they work fine. Of the three programs I prefer AGWTracker because I can use my own custom map tiles similar to UI-View. AWGTracker is newer and has better options than UI-View IMHO. Just my 2 cents.

IMO, UIView is a dead product. I had all types of problems getting it going and after I did, it wasn't worth keeping for me. FWIW, the author of the UIView software has passed on the code cannot be maintained. APRSIS is the application of choice for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.