• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Killed my HR-2510's Final - where to source?

rumrunner

"Yeah. I'm the one"
Apr 14, 2009
In the low country of S.C.
My fault, total rookie mistake - swapping antenna from 2510 to my Kenwood and got jumpers crossed while in the heat of chasing dx. 100+ watts up the 2510's hot little butt (could have been MUCH worse in about 30 seconds). 2510 now not so happy anymore. I fried my final at a minimum. Tried my usual suppliers -Digikey and Mouser and no help. MRF477's seem unubtainium. MRF497's platinum plated. Is $40 - $50 bucks the going price? I'm not really looking for more power out - just trying to get it back going - but if there is a higher power mod I haven't seen that is comparable in price I'd go for it. Where do you tech's source the '477's or '497's and at what $$? Help! - Rumrunner out...

MRF-477 ARE DEFFINATELY SCARCE!! I cherrish what I have of that transistor because there not easily found as stated there are replacements.

MOSFET mod OR RFX-75 Magnum mod - Rojerbird?

Thanks, guys. The 2SC1945 is a "sort of" workable replacement (read dickie-dooo). I've spent a lot of time to get this thing to actually talk on am and really scream on ssb.:p: (y) If you use the 2SC1945 you lose a big percentage of the ayem modulation. If I just used the 2510 for ssb I'd do the sub, though. Has anyone done the MOSFET OR the RFX-75 magnum/powerband mod? How bout it Rojerbird? Runrunner out......

Last edited:
For me it was plug 'n play. Just set bias and power level.
I was using 2sc2078 or russian military KT series RF transistors with good results.
No modulation lost.
Mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio