• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KL-503 Rm italy fets

Robert Foster

Jan 10, 2017
Hi need to know what are the rem placement transistor are for this amp. It 1x8 .I accidentally blew them up disconnected antenna due to lightning storm forgot to hook up up and transmitted pop. I seen people stating irf520 520n just need to know what to put back in this amp that i love to get running like it was performed for me as Rm says it will with good match low swr. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Be sure to check your bias circuits before hooking up your radio.

Just a side note here: The FET's listed for the kl-503 are RM4. The change might simply mean that the fets are matched in groups.

Last edited:
Hi need to know what are the rem placement transistor are for this amp. It 1x8 .I accidentally blew them up disconnected antenna due to lightning storm forgot to hook up up and transmitted pop. I seen people stating irf520 520n just need to know what to put back in this amp that i love to get running like it was performed for me as Rm says it will with good match low swr. Thanks for any help you can provide.
It been a while but get all my mosfets from frank at dnj radio in cali

Having or using very well matched fets is the secret.

RM has figured out how to inspect the anus on little fets and group them together to achieve stability.

Otherwise, if a guy wants to build himself a linear in this power class. He keeps the RF circuit as simple and reliable as possible and uses a pair of big and real rf power transistors and calls it a day.

The trade off for them is what would cost you 8-10 bucks costs them a dollar due to volume.

They could do better on current delivery to the outputs which would increase their durability and reliability

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated