• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Klm linear

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Bought it for $56.00
Picked it up this afternoon.
Its super lite not heavy like my pal321
Tubes glow nicely haven't hooked it up yet not sure the input.
Here is photo one
2011-10-23_13-33-40_341.jpg

Photo two
2011-10-23_13-33-47_875.jpg

Photo three
2011-10-23_13-33-57_765.jpg

Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

It's lightweight because it has no transformer! At least none that I can see. Be very carefull with that beast if in fact it does not have a transformer. Those old things rectified and multiplied the AC line directly. What are the tubes in it? My guess is the filaments may be in series and fed from the 120 Vac line unless it has a small filament transformer I can't see.

ok so far im seeing 350w out of it with 18w into it. haha it is sorta weird uhm when its on i am not having the cover off.
it looks like the tubes are 38kd6?

Wow I have never actually seen on like this. I have read about them mostly in Europe where they have 220+. Usually someone on an insanely low budget using nothing but scrap or recycled parts. They did not even use spring clip for the anode connector they soldered the wire right to the cap. I mean their is building to a price point then their is just being cheap! I would love to see what it's signal looks like on a scope. I am guessing that if they where that price conscious that they prob. made compromises in every single section and with every part?!?! Have you had a chance to hear your own signal yet or gotten any feedback from people you talk to regularly? SO do let us know how it performs in real life!! I can make un-informed guess's all day but that does not mean much at the end of the day. If you have nice clean power in your area it might be fine but if you have noisy dirty power with lots of surges and ripples and such it would reek havoc on that type of design.

Wow I have never actually seen on like this. I have read about them mostly in Europe where they have 220+. Usually someone on an insanely low budget using nothing but scrap or recycled parts. They did not even use spring clip for the anode connector they soldered the wire right to the cap. I mean their is building to a price point then their is just being cheap! I would love to see what it's signal looks like on a scope. I am guessing that if they where that price conscious that they prob. made compromises in every single section and with every part?!?! Have you had a chance to hear your own signal yet or gotten any feedback from people you talk to regularly? SO do let us know how it performs in real life!! I can make un-informed guess's all day but that does not mean much at the end of the day. If you have nice clean power in your area it might be fine but if you have noisy dirty power with lots of surges and ripples and such it would reek havoc on that type of design.

are you saying this amp is junk?
more in the evening when locals get on ill see how it sounds to them.

I was looking at that fact as well. The line cord looks like a piece of shielded cable, not rated for 120V.

Actually it looks like a really small AC cord. Look closer and you will see a black, a white, and a green wire which is typical for an AC line cord.

RIP Morse123

:laugh::LOL:

ok so far im seeing 350w out of it with 18w into it. haha it is sorta weird uhm when its on i am not having the cover off.
it looks like the tubes are 38kd6?

36KD6's hey? Three filaments in series equals 114 volts. Close enough.

are you saying this amp is junk?
more in the evening when locals get on ill see how it sounds to them.

Junk? Well for starters it has no HV or filament transformer and gear built like that have been called Death Adders, Widow Makers, and Death Traps.

Your call on that.

The potential to see line voltage on the case in the event of an internal fault is greatly increased.

120V is not a good voltage for the human heart. Your chances of surviving a shock are less than if you encounter a higher voltage.

If you want to keep and run the amp, I would make sure that the cord ground is intact and that it is connected to a proper 3 wire circuit.

Not really junk, just not as safe as other amps.

The potential to see line voltage on the case in the event of an internal fault is greatly increased.

120V is not a good voltage for the human heart. Your chances of surviving a shock are less than if you encounter a higher voltage.

If you want to keep and run the amp, I would make sure that the cord ground is intact and that it is connected to a proper 3 wire circuit.

Not really junk, just not as safe as other amps.

when you say: The potential to see line voltage on the case ... as in actual voltage on the case of the linear??? if thats what your saying then since it is very unsafe i should resell it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.