• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

klv-550

You will see about 300-350 watts which is plenty. I have one of those here I need to put a new power selector switch in. I had the amplifier for a few years I had it for sale and was running it one day and I was moving things around and had it tipped and it slid down and dropped just a few inches on its face on to my desk and the power selector switch broke :(

I had a 550 for a few years. It worked great on AM with VERY low drive--1.5 watt deadkey with 7-8 watts modulation was plenty to drive it. I'd get an 80-90 watt carrier and it would swing past 300 and sounded good. SSB was pretty raspy. I think Bob85 on this forum knows a fix for that.

I had a 550 for a few years. It worked great on AM with VERY low drive--1.5 watt deadkey with 7-8 watts modulation was plenty to drive it. I'd get an 80-90 watt carrier and it would swing past 300 and sounded good. SSB was pretty raspy. I think Bob85 on this forum knows a fix for that.

10 to 1 output is right in the ball park for any nice tuned amp.

I also have the fix here with pics. I see these listed and the ads say new and improved?? Is the Class C sideband sound now fixed or whats improved does anyone know?? Ive called a place that had this advertisment and they couldnt answer me so what gives on this claim of new improved?

Does anyone have a link for that fix? I have revision 301, i pu brand new 1407's in it. on power settings 4-6 it sounds pretty rough around the edges I am told I was hoping to get the fix and the resistor value.:) Mine also doesn't have R-17 or C-23, and C-16 is a jumper and no resistor.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.