• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KLV1000 Relay Help Needed !

suzerain

Jan 29, 2013
Will anyone help me to get the main relay RL2 to opperate correctly?

I've put 5 hrs into this amp so far and have the filament, the 12V circuit, and the B+ all up and running well.

However, when I flip the switch from stdby to ready, not only do I get the B+ going but also the RL2 energizes, the points move over to the other side, and the amp is immediately put in transmitt mode with the receive cut off.

Can someone help me with a procedure to stop this relay from energizing before the mic is keyed? I checked the 4 transistors nearby (TR3, 4, 6, and 7on the version 4.00 schematic) for shorts and came up with nothing there.

Thanks for any help. I really want to hear this amp sing again.

Attachments

• klv1000-manual_rel_400.pdf
    167.3 KB · Views: 175

Did you check the small keying Transistor? if they go bad they can keep the amplifier keyed when powered up.

I checked Tr 3. 4, 6, and 7 for short since they were all around the relay - no shorts found.
Looking at the schematic would this keying transistor be Tr 3, 4, or 5?
and what about IC 1 and 2 that are nearby?

Does anyone have any voltage test points and values for this 1000?

This beauty is so close to finished.
I checked the output and it is transmitting 100 swinging 300 on low.
And the fan speed kicks up when keying the mic.
All looking good but the relay RL2 energizing prematurely when switching from standby to ready.
Thinking of rebuilding the entire section around the relay though uneccessary.
I'de assume the relay is good as it does energize and throw over and does release (but only when powered down to standby.)
There must be a better way to pin point the problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.