• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KRIS 600 RELAY

fisjr

Apr 21, 2011
NEW JERSEY
I have a kris 600 ssb and it works great except the relay hangs up once in a while. a light tap will fix it. So how do i clean the relay, it is totally open?

Thanks

An ignition file would do the trick but since we have not had points on cars in a while I am going to guess most guys do not own any of those! The problem is contamination.....Anything you remove from the surface has to go some place and into the chasis is the last place you want small gold colored BB's....LOL I hear of guys taking a dollar bill and non-abrasive copper cleaner ont he bill and weaving it in between the the point in a sawing action. If your Kris 600 is like my Kris Power Pump their is no way to get in their. Your best bet is to remove the relay after all caps have been dishcharged and the unit is unpluged. Then you can just take some emry cloth to it real fast. I like to use silicone spray on relays. I use 100% Extra Heavy Duty Prestone Silicone SPray. I buy it at Walmart and every old CB radio with sealed clear case relays has responded to it when they stick. I take a hot nail a small one and I burn a small hole inthe the clear plastic relay case then I drench it with silicone spray and work the mic. to key the relay. It drys really fast I then do it again and then put a small piece of tape over the hole.

In this case the relays are open their is just oo much stuff in the way. Mine look nasty black. I have been meaning to clean it when my capacitors come in and I am working on it! No sticking though. I cleaned it with industrial alcohol the day it arrived from ebay though. I use that and a variety of small to large paint brush's. Be carefull though the lettering on the front of these units and the lacquer is dissolved by alcohol.

3in1 oil works great on the fan motor just put a drop or two.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.