• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

kris power pump help

fireball

Nov 3, 2008
florida
i was given a kris power pump from a good friend who knows his stuff. free is always good, and i have experience with tube amps previously owning an abc electronics 500 plus. the problem is that i need to know what two items go on c12 and c13 of the circuit board as one is missing and the other is admittedly incorrect from my friend. any help would be greatly appreciated.

sadly, i can't...

but i can solder just fine. could you tell me, or point me in the right direction of what is supposed to be there, so i could buy them and install them? admittedly, i am lacking in knowledge, but not in desire, so bear with me, and thanks again for trying to help. i found the link you sent me previously from another website, but i still am in the same boat i was before...

i looked at this schematic but there arent any values listed for the parts .it just shows the pats location.sorry.

someone who has one might chime in .try a google search in the meantime

on the kris link...

several of the other units by kris have c12 and c13 listed as the same for several different units, but one unit has c12 and c13 totally different, and i dont want to ruin a good amp with trial and error, not to mention my life with a high-voltage hypothesis...

does anyone on here own a kris power pump...

...who would be willing to 'pop-the-top' and tell me what goes on c12 and c13? i know im asking alot since the unit is the same model year as i am, a 1971...

Caps

Well judging from the fact that the 2 caps in question come from the center tap of the B+ winding which should be about 800 volts...and that the caps are series for greater voltage...I would think a pair of 350v at 47Mfd should fit the bill...
Just my thoughts
All the Best
BJ

kris power pump caps

i was given a kris power pump from a good friend who knows his stuff. free is always good, and i have experience with tube amps previously owning an abc electronics 500 plus. the problem is that i need to know what two items go on c12 and c13 of the circuit board as one is missing and the other is admittedly incorrect from my friend. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have one, the schematic and the actual build differs.

10uf 450 working volt axial lead electrolytic capacitors. Note the orientation!

_C300082.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.