1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Lafayette 99-4607 mic to a Lafayette Comstat 23

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Raccoon, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Raccoon

Raccoon Active Member

I recently bought a Lafayette 99-4607 to go with my Lafayette Comstat 23 .

The directions aren't real specific , so there's some assuming going on , on my part .

First it says:

Relay Switching

Shield .... Transmitter or Transceiver Ground
    White .... Microphone Input Circuit
    Black .... Not Used
    Red .... Relay Circuit In Transmitter Or Transceiver

So I'm "Assuming" the wiring code for that would be :

Pin 1 - Shield
    Pin 2 - White
    Pin 3 - No Connect
    Pin 4 - Red

Then it says :

Electronic Switching

Shield .... Transmitter or Transceiver Ground
    White .... Microphone Input Circuit
    Black .... Receiver Switching Line
    Red .... Transmitter Switching Line

So again , I'm "Assuming" the wiring code for that would be :

Pin 1 - Shield
    Pin 2 - White
    Pin 3 - Black
    Pin 4 - Red

I've been told that the Comstat 23 has the Relay Switching ... so that's the wiring code I'm looking for .

If I have any of this wrong , please let me know ... and if this is right , I hope someone will find it useful in the future . Because I know how hard it is to find anything on this Lafayette model .

2. Hurricane145

Hurricane145 Well-Known Member

It is relay switching. Kind of a funky looking mic. I had one a while back. I just prefer the Turner plus 2.
    I have a Comstat 25A I need to work on. It has a blown cap and the on/off switch is always on like the contacts are fused together.

Raccoon likes this.