• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lambda Symbol (alt+?)

Back_Crick_Hobbies

Mar 14, 2023
howdy,

can someone help with this? every search result shows Alt+955 for lower case Lambda symbol. which gives me this ╗? as someone who has always used shortcuts vs mouse/menus in programs, searching for, copying, then pasting is NOT a good option for me. x_x

please and thank you

Well, lets see...

Lambda...╗ - certainly does ... not work...

But MS-Character Map does show them as Λ λ

Ok, lets try the Alt + 955 function ... gives you the ╗

Might have to copy and paste the Lambda symbols below to insert into any document using Forum stripped fonts - I say "stripped" for a reason, they don't have specific characters in which to launch scripts that can become malware - which is more plausible than many realize.

Lambda seems harmless but the Hex code in Python (Linux) can be a disaster example
Code:
Λ or Capital/Uppercase Λ
and
Code:
λ  Lowercase λ
are harmless in ASCII but in machine language - not so much.

Λ λ

Windows can also have corrupted fonts - you have several options...

You can review this link

When they mention Mouse Keys - doesn't not always fix the problem due to the nature of USB keyboards, or in cases of the Laptops and Tablets that requires the use of an external keyboard - all the available ALT key functions may not work.

If you use 5-pin interrupt keyboard, the one with a dedicated port on the back of the Desktop machine - the interrupt it uses - should allow the ALT function and even the 5-digit ALT keys to input special character sets - to work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.