• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Large Mag Mount

Try Redman CB. They have an Astatic quad with mini 8x coax all for 50 bucks.
junk
go to customcbradios.com. they have a tri pad there i bought and held my very heavy monkeymade just fine. there might even be better ones out there but this one
worked very well for me im thinking price was around 40.00 dollars

You would be much better off hard mounting the antenna. Most if not all of the tried mags are of suspect quality, if you do get one take it apart and tighten everything down and check the coax connections. For what its worth most of the tri mag mounts are mfg'ed by the same company and sold under various names.

hmm

That magnetic mount I owned previously and it did not hold at all. Soon as I hit 60 it comes off. Now on the trunk it was fine till I hit a bump.

I want to mount on the roof :) please NO drilling.

Ive given up on other methods to mount, I have a lip mount for my Wilson 1000 but its not above the car so it causes an issue with direction.

More details needed

That magnetic mount I owned previously and it did not hold at all. Soon as I hit 60 it comes off. Now on the trunk it was fine till I hit a bump.

I want to mount on the roof :) please NO drilling.

Ive given up on other methods to mount, I have a lip mount for my Wilson 1000 but its not above the car so it causes an issue with direction.

More details needed

You're going to have to drill a hole in the roof. The reason magmounts don't hold is because their efficiency relies on the thickness of the metal they're stuck to. When you see them at hamfests and stores they are hard to remove from the metal they're stuck to and you'll find that the metal is usually 1/8" or 1/4" plate. You then put it on your car and find it doesn't stick as well because the metal is thinner.

What kind of vehicle? If it is a pickup you could fab a mount off the front of the bed. If it's a suv or a car you could fab a trunk lip mount or something. I think JJD made something for a box truck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.