• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

laser 400

Dec 22, 2006
help 1 more time! what i need too know is ,,the ant. is a laser 400 70 foot of tower with the mask pip my element will be down in the tower about 2 foot will this have any thing to do with the performance or do i realy need to clear the tower all the way? thanks

I think I may be reading that wrong, you want to restate it? If any part of the antenna is 'down in' the tower, I would have to say it's wrong. The mast 2 foot down in the tower? if there's a rotor on the bottom of that mast I'd have to think it's probably right. But if it allows part of the antenna to be lower than the top of the tower, I'd have to say the mast is too short.
I've got to be reading it wrong I think...
- 'Doc

I think what he means is that the mast is only tall enough to allow the boom to be about 7 feet above the tower leaving about 2 feet of elements extending down below the top of the tower,not really inside the tower. I may be wrong. If I am correct you will be OK. I ran such an antenna with about 4 feet below the top of the tower and saw no differance.Of course flatside won't be affected anyway and if yoy extend the mast then the mast itself will be in line with the vertical elements.The differance between the effects of the mast and that of the tower are minor.Just try not to have the boom at the very top of the tower.

QRN said:
I think what he means is that the mast is only tall enough to allow the boom to be about 7 feet above the tower leaving about 2 feet of elements extending down below the top of the tower,not really inside the tower. I may be wrong. If I am correct you will be OK. I ran such an antenna with about 4 feet below the top of the tower and saw no differance.Of course flatside won't be affected anyway and if yoy extend the mast then the mast itself will be in line with the vertical elements.The differance between the effects of the mast and that of the tower are minor.Just try not to have the boom at the very top of the tower.
Yea, I read it the same way too (though it to a couple times through :? ). And X2 on the above.

i see

QRN.. thats exactly what im talking about my pip is not long enough and my elements are below the top of my tower about 2 foot ......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.