• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

late model Ram - quick and dirty radio mount

There used to be a guy that made custom center consoles that would angle down from under the dash to the transmission hump. Made out of really nice tiger maple style wood, cut outs for what radio and meters you want. They were bad ass. The pics are still online if you google cb radio console. He stop making them years ago, heard he went to prison. Anyway i wish i had a shop because thats the product thats missing in our hobby and i guarantee business would be good.

Yeah. There’s room for something that complements the interior. The aftermarket sells wood appliqués to dress up the interior. Coordinate with that, I suppose.

The LEO stuff looks good, but is $$$.

My pickup has the man’s trans so the center hump is out except as side mount.

Something that came up off the passenger inner front seat bolt and console bolts but was slanted such that passenger wasn’t uncomfortable could seem to hold more than just a 148/959 case radio + speaker and/or amp.

Otherwise it’s modifying the seat center so radically one may as well start from scratch.

GENOS GARAGE carries several metal plate mounts for Dodge. But I spill coffee. Invariably. Usually while refilling at 67-mph.

Modify a Scosche marine splash guard to fit bracket, hmmm.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.