• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lazybones dropping the DX Maul !!!

Aug 8, 2005
West Coast
Aug. 6th
Lazy bones sounding strong up here on the top side of the motor city.

Worked him with a barefoot Browning Golden Eagle Mark 4A on the flat side of my Gizmotchy beams and my Mr. Coily Enforcer .64 groundplane.

Aug. 7th
Got you again today. Radio was dead today and then the skip just came in and I worked you on my Enforcer base antenna WITH 4 WATTS SWINGING ABOUT 10 WATTS, single final NATO 2000 radio! . That dipole you got rocks!
Mr. Lazy Lazy Lazy Bones was a Local here in the D today (30DB'S!!!). Direct connection that we locked down on DX land for 20 minutes.

Work you again soon and keep that ebay dipole kickin.

That was real fun. You say you are barefott so I believe you. Man, you were keying on some big mobiles in Ohio and Michigan and many bases as well. Maw nature can be simply amazing!!

Both of you radios sound awesome. The beam hits me harder than the coily though, but the coily still is 10-8 great!!

I was definitely barefoot!

Lazybones1222 said:
That was real fun. You say you are barefott so I believe you. Man, you were keying on some big mobiles in Ohio and Michigan and many bases as well. Maw nature can be simply amazing!!

Both of you radios sound awesome. The beam hits me harder than the coily though, but the coily still is 10-8 great!!

I was barefoot the whole time (as I usually am). The only time I wasnt barefoot when I demonstrated it with flicking some switches! :LOL: I havent had the need to do this in quite some time!

The beam is gonna be better since I was on the Horiz. side, but the coily rocks on DX vertical as well.

99% of the time I am running 4 watts swinging 10-12. Thats it. The Beam makes those small watts sound like BIG BIG watts, I think I got more than I wished for when I bought them a month ago brand new. I think the line loss also is better, I am using LMR-400 coax which is less than 0.6db loss at 100'.

I'll send you some extra pics.

Hey Lazy, Lazy Lazy Lazy Bones!

We locked it down again today on Ch 28 AM up here in the D.

Locked it down (took out receives, hit 20-30db's) to the following operators today:

202 TN
Crybaby W. VA
Cemetary 7
151 Handyman Alabamer
979 TN
144 Buckeye (RARE Ground wave skip, I rarely get ohio being only a couple hundred miles away)
Forgot numbers----Indianopolis, IN
snake doctor
Yellow tow truck

and about 15 others I forgot.

Ever heard any of these? Catch you soon!

Locking it down with 4 watts! 813 keyed over me, but I was on the basement radio and couldnt flick any switches! Oh well, my 4 watts is damn good enough for me! Catch you soon!

Lazybones, listen for Jester leavin' and coming on 33 am around the p.m. hours!

960 said:
Lazybones1222 said:
You may be too far for groundwave and too close for skip.

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy bones!

Looks like then if you want to talk to him you'll have to dump that dipole and get some serious BEAMS up about 100' + and about a couple KW and tell your neighborhood assoications to shove it.

How about this for size?
http://www.gizmotchy.com/images/Blitch_3.jpg

yo thise gizmochies are the bomb my homei in the the NJ runs a 3 element on 40ft tower he can lock down that 12 is just plain crazy :D killer beam yo!

redwing21 said:
960 said:
Lazybones1222 said:
You may be too far for groundwave and too close for skip.

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy bones!

Looks like then if you want to talk to him you'll have to dump that dipole and get some serious BEAMS up about 100' + and about a couple KW and tell your neighborhood assoications to shove it.

How about this for size?
http://www.gizmotchy.com/images/Blitch_3.jpg

yo thise gizmochies are the bomb my homei in the the NJ runs a 3 element on 40ft tower he can lock down that 12 is just plain crazy :D killer beam yo!

I have the 4 element Gizmotchys here up about 30 ft and I have locked down Channel 28 AM running them on flatside, running a BAREFOOT radio, Right Lazy bones!! ;)

Locally, they are good but not that much better than my groundplane (I think having them too close together is messing up there radiation patterns???) I always get out better south (about 2-3 S units better than my Coily enforcer), but east, west and north are dead on same signal as my Coily Enforcer so I know something is messing something up..... oh well when i get the time I will fix it.

beam

make sure they are 50ft away from each other (when beam is point toward the ground plane My friend had the same proble with his gorund plane that fixed it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.