• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LDG AT-100Proii questions??

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
I was entertaining getting one of the AT-100Proii units ($240) to run with my Alinco DXSR-8T which apparently LDG doesn't support with a cable.. the last was the AL-100 which is discontinued.. :(

This would be a replacement for my 941e manual tuner..

Running an approx 45' endfed and able to tune with that down into 80m..

So with this, there would be no cable. Which as far as I know would then use the radios 'tune' button to trigger it.

Does this unit still autotune based on RF signal being transmitted or do I have to push the Tune button on the AT-100Proii each time??

LDG recommended via email the AT-200Proii or AT-600Proii.. I'm thinking because they are more $$..

They also said Z-11Proii which is like $180..

My Alinco doe's 100w. So I'm thinking the AT-100Proii would be fine unless the Z-11PROII is the same but without the fancier graph??

I just want to keyup to tune.. obviously on low power at say 4w AM which is default on the DXSR-8T.

Last edited:

I read the manual for the Z-11PROII and the AT-100Proii..

On page 13 for Z-11PROII it says automatic for any forward RF power it will initiate auto tune.

On top of page 14 for the AT-100ProII the same. Will auto tune.

Anyone have either model on here with real world use that could chime in though?

All LDG tuners initiate auto tune when rf is applied unless there is a pre-tuned setting
in the memory at that freq. for the antenna you are on.
The only time it won't auto tune is if the threshold is set higher than the antennas swr.
at that memory setting.
I have the at 200 pro for about 7 years, got it not for the extra power handling but for
the expanded memory for multiple antennas.
If you are going to use a wire antenna I recommend feeding it with ladder line & use a good balun.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
So after 3 emails to LDG the responding person said yes the units mentioned above will auto tune without pushing the tune button..

The response was. "Yes they will do that too.."

So should I go with the Z-11PROII over the AT-100ProII and save the $50??

I'd probably set the SWR limit to 1:5-1 on whatever I get..

And do I place my simple SWR meter before of after the antenna tuner??

I'm thinking before but unsure.

So after 3 emails to LDG the responding person said yes the units mentioned above will auto tune without pushing the tune button..

The response was. "Yes they will do that too.."

So should I go with the Z-11PROII over the AT-100ProII and save the $50??

I'd probably set the SWR limit to 1:5-1 on whatever I get..

And do I place my simple SWR meter before of after the antenna tuner??

I'm thinking before but unsure.
The at-100pro2 display provides more info than the z- series, also manual fine tune.
Spend the $50 now because your only going to want to upgrade later IMHO

Reactions: L2
You will have to provide DC voltage to the tuner.
A separate line from any 12 VDC source, or just a 9 volt battery connected to a jack.

READ the manual, there are two,............ yes 2 "auto" modes on the proII.
they are not the same.

one auto mode will retune EVERY time it is keyed.

The other auto mode will retune every time the preset VSWR is exceeded.

Its in the manual, but most people miss it at first.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.